Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Police: Woman beats husband with basket of pocketknives

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:38 PM
  • 9 Replies
Image: Kathleen Patricia Shearn
phillyBurbs.com
Kathleen Patricia Shearn faces aggravated assault charges in the alleged domestic attack.
By Matt Coughlin
PhillyBurbs.com
updated 7/7/2011 6:48:23 PM ET

An estranged wife attacked her husband with a "basket of pocketknives" inside the home they formerly shared on Roundhouse Road on Sunday, police say.

Kathleen Patricia Shearn, 52, is charged with aggravated assault, simple assault and criminal mischief. Police said she was not allowed at the home as a bail condition on charges she assaulted her husband with a fork in May.

Police said that Eric Shearn said his wife and he were arguing in the house when she began destroying things inside the home. Shearn told officers his wife no longer lives in the house, according to court records. Shearn told officers his wife hit him in the head with a basket of pocketknives. According to court records, she then got in her car and drove it onto the lawn, tearing up the turf, and then left.

That's when Shearn reportedly called police. But his wife returned before troopers got there, broke an end table on his head and left again, according to court records. Police said they found the home in disarray and Shearn had cuts and a lump on his head.

Join the weird news cabal on Facebook!

After an arraignment before District Judge Kay Dubree, Shearn was sent to county prison and released Tuesday.

She was charged with assault in May after throwing a fork at her husband that cut open his face. Dubree married the couple in 1999, according to court records.

How much you want to bet that he takes her back?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Good Grief! It sounds like a WWE fight in there! Throwing things, breaking tables over heads... Geesh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rnjMOM
by Rachel on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:45 PM

YIKES! I think she may have a little bit of a temper...

MMS84
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:48 PM

A basket of pocket knives? Is it normal to have a basket of pocket knives?

V.Dubbya
by Valley on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:54 PM
Someone needs some serious anger management sessions. I hope he doesn't take her back and she gets help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by Rissy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Wow!  She is a little feisty.

Not going to lie.. I laughed with the "earlier fork attack" part in the title.  It's really not funny but it just sounds so silly.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Is it bad that I LOL'd at the "attack with a fork"?

V.Dubbya
by Valley on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:59 PM
Not where I come from... Sounds like he's lucky she hit him with the basket and didn't open and throw the knives instead.

Quoting MMS84:

A basket of pocket knives? Is it normal to have a basket of pocket knives?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaelansmom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:04 PM

not to worry.. I was laughing at the fork attack as well ;)

Jacqalyn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:11 PM

My brother once threw a fork at my aunt cause she made him mad. Stuck her right in the foot.

By the way she is only 8 yrs older them him. She was 16 at the time he was 8.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)