Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, given that many people

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

Have expressed anxiety about dealing with professionals in emergent situations is it really impossible to believe that an irrational fear caused Casey to run and hide and act out as we saw her do?  Her reaction is abhorrent to be sure but does that in and of itself make a case?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:47 PM
I think they may have been the case initially...

I also think she exhibits mental issues...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:50 PM

I never followed the case. In fact, I had to ask someone 2 weeks ago, what it was really all about. Who was this star? They filled me in a little as things were moving along, after I asked what it was about. Then hearing the verdict, and hearing more about it, etc.

It made me immediately think of someone I know, who would react this exact same way if something happened. So I guess it's not necessarily about evil, as much fear, emotional deficiancies, etc. 

RissyLee
by Rissy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:54 PM

I don't think having anxiety over having to take your child to the ER for injuries that may look like they were caused by abuse is quite the same as failing to report your child was dead for a month and then pretending like she was missing when you knew they were dead.

AmmuJSE
by Ammu on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:56 PM

here is what I don't get on it.

She lives in Florida and I have been told by many floridians on here that pool drownings is a common case, sad but true. If that is the case, why not report it? I get the anxiety of having to call paramedics/911 but still if it happens there so often, why hide it? 

I didn't follow the case, I knew about it when it happened but as soon as I saw nancy grace act like a rabid dog with the case, I got turned off hearing ANYTHING about it. From the totmom to the trial. I hate how the media runs with bad stories and over saturates every little detail. 

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:57 PM

The last thing I would be thinking of is getting into trouble if my child died by accident.  I don't really think that case is the same as being anxious about your situation being mis-perceived. 

V.Dubbya
by Valley on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:03 PM
Exactly...

Quoting RissyLee:

I don't think having anxiety over having to take your child to the ER for injuries that may look like they were caused by abuse is quite the same as failing to report your child was dead for a month and then pretending like she was missing when you knew they were dead.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JezebelKel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:05 PM

If I found one of my children drowning......the first call would be to 911.  I can't fathom not calling 911 unless she left Caylee alone(and I mean completely alone) while she was swimming.  Why would the panic not be trying to get her to breathe instead of covering up her death?

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

The last thing I would be thinking of is getting into trouble if my child died by accident.  I don't really think that case is the same as being anxious about your situation being mis-perceived. 

Exactly.

While i can understand some anxiety there's no excusing refusing to get care/treatment/ambulance for your child because of it.

Teaching is...the profession that makes all other professions possible.

mamak57
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:08 PM

yep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)