Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 People Arrested for Intent to Feed the Homeless? Intent to Feed?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

July 6, 2011 – The organization known as Food Not Bombs continued to share food in Orlando’s Lake Eola Park in spite of over 30 of their members or supporters having already been arrested for it….

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ChaoticSoul
by Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:03 AM
its blank?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:16 AM

It's way too long I'm trying to kinda skip through and find important stuff so I'm not sure if I'm missing it, but why are they being arrested exactly? Is there a law against feeding homeless?

Is griping at police going to help? Aren't they just following orders or something?

adulation
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:17 AM

there's nothing there that i can see.. but i know that years ago, food not bombs here in houston got into trouble for feeding homeless in a park without a permit to do so.  not the act itself, just the lack of doing it legally.  you need a permit for certain things that involve large groups of people in public parks.  i had some friends in the organization,  they were both anarchists so to them, you know, legalities weren't important.  i wonder if it was something like that,  or if they were really arrested for the act of feeding others. hmm. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)