Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Surrounded by Pedophilia!

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:00 AM
  • 53 Replies

Interview on ABC Nightline video.....

Corey Feldman: Biggest problem in Hollywood is pedophilia

According to former child star Corey Feldman, child molestation is rampant in the entertainment industry, as he told Nightline in an interview.

"The No. 1 problem in Hollywood was and is and always will be pedophilia," he said Wednesday. According to Feldman, the "casting couch" exists for children, too.

Feldman asserts that directors and other adults in the industry take advantage of young aspiring actors on a regular basis. "It's all done under the radar... But it's the big secret," the 40-year-old said.

Feldman also claimed that former co-star Corey Haim's death last year was the end result of sexual abuse by an unnamed "Hollywood mogul." Feldman said that his friend's substance addiction was "a symptom" of the molestation he experienced.

The actor previously revealed to GQ that he was raped by his assistant as a child. "It's something that will be addressed in my inner soul for the rest of my life, and it's something that truly affects me," he told the magazine.

Orkut Scraps - Angel

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stormcris
by Christy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:34 AM

Sex is a way of life in many such industries. You put out or get put out according to several models. I have no doubt that he is correct as to the pedophilia.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:33 AM

There seems to be a pattern.

Any profession where the professional has immense power over their clients, such as medicine, teaching or the priesthood, there will be some who will be tempted to abuse that power in order to coerce sex.  And the ones willing to be unethical are going to do it with children, if that's what they find sexually attractive.

Acting differs in that there seems to be no professional code of ethics that acknowledge that there is an unequal power relationship between caster and castee, and makes sexual relationships between them a taboo.

And in a second way - actors tend to be prettier than average.

.Bubbles.
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:20 AM

I wouldn't doubt that this is happening at all.  Look how many "child stars" end up having really tragic adulthoods.  It can't just all be because of being famous.

candlegal
by Judy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:20 AM

I was reading this this morning.  It is so sad

Quoting .Bubbles.:

I wouldn't doubt that this is happening at all.  Look how many "child stars" end up having really tragic adulthoods.  It can't just all be because of being famous.

Lishes
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:23 AM

How sad.

Quoting .Bubbles.:

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:26 AM

I don't understand how a parent allows their child to be alone with these people.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:58 AM
This is what I was thinking too.

Quoting .Bubbles.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TCgirlatheart
by TC on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:00 AM
I don't either. I can only think they are extremely naive, or blinded by greed and fame.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

I don't understand how a parent allows their child to be alone with these people.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Wow, how sad.  I wonder how many of the child actors that went "bad" had this happen? 

silvercrow
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:08 AM

I read about this weeks ago.. where i agree that parents are screwed up for leaving them alone with anyone... But if this was normal than more Stars would and should come forward... idk as a rape and molestation survivor something smells a little fishy... its not that i dont believe it i just wonder

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)