• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Torchwood, S/O, sort of from one child policy post

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:33 AM
  • 7 Replies

I believe the new season is on HBO.

Anybody watching it?  Thoughts?

The first few episodes, I couldn't quite figure out what the writers were getting at.  But last week, I figured it out.  The story arc of the season is attempting to demonstrate how easily events like HaShoah (the holocaust to english speakers) can happen.  How it just takes a seed of fear, and a couple people in authority with an **idea** to sanction murder.  This week, the script abandoned all attempts at subtlty and started throwing in phrases like state- sanctioned murder but they kept their concept under wraps pretty well for a good month first.  And really, at some point, they had to get obvious, just like in Germany, when there came a point everyone knew what was happening but either was too scared to speak up or felt the policies were good, or necessary, or something.

Are you a political "independent?"  Tired of feeling like you only have Democrats or Republicans to choose from?  Well, there are many small parties active all across the United States.  Learn more at Third Party Americans.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/109790

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DangerDarling
by Fabulous on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:54 AM

I haven't seen this show, but I'll look into it. Sounds interesting! 

_Bama_
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Its on Starz...:)  Its a interesting show... 

GLWerth
by Gina on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:38 PM

I haven't seen last Friday's episode yet, but it is really a great show.

I'm saving last Friday's to watch with Dh when he returns from Costa Rica. (I hate it when he travels.)

Sounds like I might have to watch early!

eema.gray
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Yeah, I figured that out after posting this, lol.

At first I wasn't sure I'd like it, because it is clearly very different from the original Torchwood produced and run in England.  But it has turned out to exceed all of my expectations.  :-)

Quoting _Bama_:

Its on Starz...:)  Its a interesting show... 

Are you a political "independent?"  Tired of feeling like you only have Democrats or Republicans to choose from?  Well, there are many small parties active all across the United States.  Learn more at Third Party Americans.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/109790

stormcris
by Christy on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:10 AM

I have not seen this as I do not have HBO. However, it seems very interesting. I think it is far easier than people realize.

eema.gray
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:18 AM

I haven't looked yet but it might be on Hulu or Netflix, if those are options for people without expensive cable packages.  :-)

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:18 AM

I LOVE Torchwood!!

it's the BEST thing since LOST

I thought it was very believable to level of corporation and GOVERNMENT dealings were involved....

Excellent SHOW!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)