Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alleged Union Member Shoots Non-Union Business Owner

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:05 PM
  • 14 Replies

While Michigan certainly has their own issues with poverty and severe unemployment, they can now add (again!) union thuggery to their list.  Reported last night by Labor Union Report and picked up by many conservative websites is a Michigan story of electrical union workers run amok.  This has been ignored by the liberal media thus far, and that's not expected to change.  In short, a union member, while getting caught vandalizing his tires, shot a non-union business owner.  The man is alive, but the history of the electrical union and this business are a tale of union thuggery at its finest.  How's that for civility?

John King, owner of the largest non-union electrical company in the area, King Electrical Services, was shot outside his home two nights ago after investigating noises heard in his front yard.  The reason?  John King's company is non-union and doing well; they pay good benefits.  In standard fashion, as exemplified in Wisconsin earlier this year and in countless other instances, union thugs view anyone that's not in a union as opposition who need to be punished.  This time, as in many other cases, the line was severely crossed.

SCAB

From The Daily Caller:

The altercation started when King woke up late last Wednesday to find someone in his driveway. He described the intruder as a “silhouette figure” because he didn't see the person clearly enough to offer a description. The individual was attempting to vandalize his SUV. When King went outside his Lambertville, Mich., home to confront the person, the vandal shot him in the arm.

Labor unions have attempted, unsuccessfully, to organize King’s employees, and he has been subjected to one legal nightmare after another in the process.

“Since he’s been in business, in addition to the legal battles and verbal abuse, King’s company has been vandalized and threatened on numerous occasions,” LaborUnionReport.com reports. “Unfortunately, the vandalism has never stopped. This year alone, he’s had to report three incidents of damage to police. This doesn't include the incidents of stalking he and his men have to go through while they’re working.

“In one incident earlier this year, rocks were thrown through the front windows of his shop, one of which had the word ‘kill’ written on it.”

President Obama has divided America more than any president in recent history.  His love affair with the labor unions, particularly the AFL-CIO and the SEIU, is deplorable.  They way Obama has treated labor unions is prime example of class warfare, which is a constant theme of his extreme liberal agenda.  The have not's have proven they'll do anything, particularly violent, to take from the have's.  Wisconsin, earlier this year, was a perfect example of this.  As it turns out, Wisconsin's $3 billion budget shortfall has been turned into a $300 million budget surplus in just a few months, due to the reduction of collective bargaining and the removal of automatic, annual salary increases.  The union outcry was they were forced to actually contribute to their Cadillac health care and pension plans, just like every private sector worker has to do.

Unfortunately, situations like this in Michigan are likely to become more common, especially as the economy continues to tank.  Union thugs need someone to blame; President Obama and Democrats keep telling them it's the fault of the opposition, which will lead to increased violence.  These labor union thugs are just that and nothing more: violent miscreants.  The union leaders care about one thing and one thing only: the union.  

It's a sad day in America when you need to watch your back if you're not a member of a violent union.

Chuck Justice is the editor-in-chief for Habledash.

http://www.habledash.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1289:alleged-union-member-shoots-non-union-business-owner&catid=45:the-nook&Itemid=59

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BleedinHeartMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:10 PM

This article is rubbish, how does anyone know what this guy is? Just seems to me the guy lives in a bad neighborhood.

candlegal
by Judy on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:25 PM

coincidence, maybe

Quoting BleedinHeartMom:

This article is rubbish, how does anyone know what this guy is? Just seems to me the guy lives in a bad neighborhood.

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:33 PM

It hasn't been ignored by our local media.  This is what we are heading for.  Sadly for the progressives, they will be far out numbered in gun power

2hotTaco
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Is that a threat?

2hotTaco
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:36 PM

"ALLEGED" union member. Nuff said

BleedinHeartMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 7:37 PM

The article said NOTHING absolutely nothing about the suspect and what he is associated with...It must suck to be afraid all of the time..

And yes, I refuse to have a battle of the wits with an unarmed conservative, so shoot if you must..

Quoting Carpy:

It hasn't been ignored by our local media.  This is what we are heading for.  Sadly for the progressives, they will be far out numbered in gun power

lovinangels
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Around here, if a company chooses non union labor, the drive a giant rat around the parking lot and yell.  I had a run in with the electricians union once when I managed, and let me tell you it was unpleasant. I had a group (non union, very reliable and cheap) that I trusted to do the HVAC in my restaurant. They were excellent about conforming their billing to the company standards and had someone on call constantly, so when I needed an electrician, I asked them for a recommendation, got one, and he came out in a couple of minutes.

Well, it turns out the mall was doing some construction at the time, and the union leaders from the area showed up. They chased my electrician off, told me that they were shutting my work down because they had two hundred electricians that needed jobs and I owed that work to them because my restaurant was in the mall, and that they'd have someone out that afternoon (2,000 an hour fine for not opening on time) to complete the work the original electrician started. For the bargain price of double the cost of my original electrician.

I played dumb and begged them to let me have the job finished right away with the person I'd originally hired, and that I'd be sure to call the next time I needed someone. I then checked with the mall office and found out I was NOT under contract to use union labor, THEY were (the mall office). 

I've yet to have a good run in with a union. Makes me laugh when people say things are exaggerated or what not. Also makes me laugh that the unions can use all kinds of propaganda but if the right does it, it's horrible.

BleedinHeartMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:55 PM

still no facts to back this up? just as I thought...for every bad story about a union theres a good one..

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:28 PM

I have heard stories like that before. And this has been high on our local news.

Quoting lovinangels:

Around here, if a company chooses non union labor, the drive a giant rat around the parking lot and yell.  I had a run in with the electricians union once when I managed, and let me tell you it was unpleasant. I had a group (non union, very reliable and cheap) that I trusted to do the HVAC in my restaurant. They were excellent about conforming their billing to the company standards and had someone on call constantly, so when I needed an electrician, I asked them for a recommendation, got one, and he came out in a couple of minutes.

Well, it turns out the mall was doing some construction at the time, and the union leaders from the area showed up. They chased my electrician off, told me that they were shutting my work down because they had two hundred electricians that needed jobs and I owed that work to them because my restaurant was in the mall, and that they'd have someone out that afternoon (2,000 an hour fine for not opening on time) to complete the work the original electrician started. For the bargain price of double the cost of my original electrician.

I played dumb and begged them to let me have the job finished right away with the person I'd originally hired, and that I'd be sure to call the next time I needed someone. I then checked with the mall office and found out I was NOT under contract to use union labor, THEY were (the mall office). 

I've yet to have a good run in with a union. Makes me laugh when people say things are exaggerated or what not. Also makes me laugh that the unions can use all kinds of propaganda but if the right does it, it's horrible.

Thomigirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:43 PM

eye rolling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)