• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Republicans turn on Sarah Palin en masse after her disasterous political prick tease in Iowa.

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Republicans turn on Sarah Palin en masse after her disasterous political prick tease in Iowa.

After squeezing every last drop of her fifteen minutes of fame, like a milk-aholic at a cow's rapidly depleting udder, Sarah Palin seems to have FINALLY stepped over the invisible line from possible Presidential candidate to Republican laughingstock.

Courtesy of Meghan McCain:

Much of Sarah Palin’s allure seems to fade by each passing talking point of Michele Bachmann’s that goes viral. And with each passing day, Sarah Palin looks more and more like a confused woman who can’t decide which way to go. The last thing our country needs right now is a president who can’t make up her mind or make tough decisions. As Americans, we live in perilous times and what we need is real leadership. Republicans really have a chance to win the White House in 2012. We don’t need to be distracted by Sarah Palin’s attention-seeking antics anymore, unless of course she actually decides to stop flirting and finally make a move to announce her candidacy. Until then, the rest of the country is trying to decide between the candidates who are actually running.

Of course there was NEVER much love lost between the Palins and the daughter of the man responsible for plucking Caribou Barbie out of the wilds of Wasilla, but she is far from alone in her disgust with this endless charade.

As this biting opinion piece from Brad Schaeffer can attest:

So I must conclude that Sarah Palin has become a side-show who still clings to center stage. While rolling around in her tour bus crashing GOP events (while not a declared candidate for dog-catcher) she seems to be craving relevance that her fans in the media on both sides (the right loves her and the left loves to hate her) are more than happy to provide. Sarah sells. That cannot be denied. 

Her entertainment value aside, I cannot help but wonder if she is starting to do some damage to the GOP brand now that the hats are flying through the ring. Why was she in Iowa, for example, other than to steal the legitimate candidates’ thunder and continue to alienate the 58 percent of Americans who, according to Quinnipiac, would never vote for her under any circumstances — and thus reject the Republican ticket were she the nominee? Her Ames party crash has been labeled by some in the media as a “surprise trip to the Iowa state fair” (According to the Christian Science Monitor). A surprise to who exactly? The big unexpected would be if she turned down this chance to scoop up yet more of the limelight. 

Her attack on  conservative writer Alex Pappas over misunderstanding concerning a story that he wrote might have been the actual straw that broke the conservative camels' back.

In response many conservatives circled the wagons around Pappas and took aim at the woman they once adored.

Courtesy of FishBowl DC

The American Spectator wasn’t alone in defending Pappas. A Daily Caller source who spoke anonymously told FishbowlDC, “If Sarah Palin wants to monitor the Caller that closely, but not so closely that she doesn’t take everything out of context, then maybe she could apply for a job at Media Matters. They’d get along famously.” 

Conservatives on Twitter, meanwhile, encircled the scribe and lashed out at Palin with a vengeance. Sonny Bunch, a former editor at The Weekly Standard , wrote, “Her refusal to personally apologize is just shitty.” But that was kind compared to what else he said. “That’s just a petty, dick move and, frankly, unpresidential,” he wrote. “What gets me about the @AlexPappasDC story is Palin’s refusal to apologize after calling him in front of a rival reporter to embarrass him.”

But perhaps the most telling example of the conservatives falling out of love with Klondike Kardashian, is this guy finally throwing up his hands in disgust.

By continuing to keep alive a tiny glimmering hope of her 2012 candidacy, long after the point when the whole “testing the waters” time-frame has passed its sell-by date, Palin is setting up her True Believers for a bitter disillusionment whenever the time comes for her to officially admit that she’s not running. 

I would usually NEVER link to this disgusting excuse for a human being, and I certainly do not encourage any of you to visit the link this time. But because of the unique nature of his relationship with the Palins, and the terrible things he has done on their behalf,  I thought including him did much to prove the point of this post.

I am certainly no Nostradamus, but this has gone pretty much the way that I predicted it would over a year ago.

All you had to know to see this outcome on the horizon was to know WHO Sarah Palin was fundamentally.  And fundamentally she is a very immature, self aggrandizing, phony, who is completely addicted to the limelight and repulsed by hard work.

We Alaskans learned that hard truth about our half term Governor when she up and quit two years ago. We were just waiting for the rest of the country to get up to speed. 

There was NEVER any doubt she would not REALLY campaign for the nomination.  The only question was how far could draw out this tease.

And I believe that question has now been answered.

By the way this does not mean that I don't believe that Palin will pop up again.

I have every confidence she will.

It just means that every new appearance is attracting less and less attention, and soon nobody will now, or care, where she turns up next.

I think it is very telling that Palin's next public appearance is alongside Glenn Beck, another disgraced ex-conservative superstar desperate to make a comeback.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:45 PM

IMO, the GOP throwing their support behind Bachmann is just as dumb a move as throwing it behind Palin was. They never learn.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Quoting cjsbmom:

IMO, the GOP throwing their support behind Bachmann is just as dumb a move as throwing it behind Palin was. They never learn.

Yep.

minnesotanice
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Who said 'prick tease' ? Was it in the article? anyyway, how does that make any sense?Its a really offensive thing to say and diminishes anyone's credibilty. WHen dealing with Conservative women running for Office, we need to always sound more intelligent and believeable than they are...ok?

Palin and Bachmann are both pretty but narcissistic and ignorant conservative women who are clueless in too many ways to be running for any office.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)