Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you need a babysitter, this girl needs a job!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:42 AM
  • 22 Replies

http://www.news-journalonline.com/breakingnews/2011/08/police-woman-had-baby-in-stroller-in-bed-of-

DAYTONA BEACH -- A 23-year-old Daytona Beach woman was arrested and accused of having a baby in a stroller in the back of pickup, police said this morning.

Keyona Davis was charged with child neglect, according to an arrest report.

According to the report, Davis admiited she was babysitting the 8-month-old boy and had him in a stroller. Davis loaded the stroller in the back of a Dodge pickup around 4:05 p.m. Wednesday and also sat on the bed next to the stroller.

The driver of the pickup then proceeded from Nova Road to Orange Avenue and was spotted by several witnesses on Adams Street. Several witnesses called 9-1-1 to update police on the location of Davis and the baby boy, police said.

It was not immediately clear if the driver of the pickup, identified in police reports as a B. White, was charged with any offense.

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dustinsmom1
by JENN on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:47 AM

WTF was this woman thinking?????

GLWerth
by Gina on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I'll pass on this one.

Clearly someone wasn't thinking.

texanmomto3
by Jenn on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:59 AM

WOW!!

lovinangels
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Seriously, though PSA- you DO need to discuss safe child transport with your babysitters.

Thomigirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Who the HELL taped this? And didn't bother to even stop her? THE DAMN DRIVER!!!! HOW is she still breathing? If this was my child there is NO police officer that could pull me off of her.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:40 PM

OH, That snatch would be SO LUCKY she was in jail when I found out if that was my baby.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Quoting Thomigirl:

Who the HELL taped this? And didn't bother to even stop her? THE DAMN DRIVER!!!! HOW is she still breathing? If this was my child there is NO police officer that could pull me off of her.

It looks like a patrol car cam. He was probably pulling them over nice and easy... you know so the driver wouldn't do something dumb like speed off or something.

Why WASN'T the driver charged. Surely he/she knew there was baby in the stroller.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

_Bama_
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Some people aint got a lick of sense..

minnesotanice
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:00 PM

It is amazing how many borderline  or completely mentally abnormal people there are , and they still walk free,on the streets and live in our towns.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:03 PM
Saw on the news this morning...that's just ridiculous
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)