Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our Government Today

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:01 AM
  • 13 Replies

If I'm posting this in the wrong place, I apologize.  I simply need to vent.

My hubby & I are senior citizens.  We've worked hard our entire lives, saving $$ for our "old age."  We're not there yet, but approaching it.

With everything going on with the economy, the stock market, politics, etc, I am really getting scared.  In 2008, for several months in a row, we lost $5000 in our investments.  We regained it all, thank heavens, but we don't have time for it to regrow again now.  We never had millions or anything close, but whatever it was, it was supposed to support us (along with income we do still have coming in, which will not stop) for the rest of our lives!

I am just so angry at EVERYONE in Congress.  I wish we could vote every single person out of office & start fresh!  Those idiots only care about themselves and their wealthy supporters.  They simply must "win."  The heck with serving their constituents! 

If grown-ups were running Congress, they would say, "OK guys & girls, it's time for us to start working TOGETHER on this mess and get it cleaned up!"  I know, dream on...

I don't want to start a "political" thing here.  I'm not blaming one party or the other or the President.  They are ALL to blame!  They behave like children... "If you don't play my way, I'm taking my ball & going home!"  Grow up!  Our economy is going down the toilet, people are suffering because of it, and those greedy xxxxx in Washington only care whether or not they win!

I've written to my Senators, but I didn't expect or receive a response.  I feel so helpless!  Where can I get an "audience" that can actually do something to stop this train wreck?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:01 AM
Edited by
on
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinangels
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:18 PM

here's a bump for you.

rfurlongg
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:28 PM
I agree. They all take a part in the blame. I also feel terribly powerless, so I have no words of wisdom for you...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:31 PM

I feel the exact same way, and I'm still extremely young! At the rate things are going I'm going to be working until I'm dead at slave wages just to scrape by and with the direction things are going right now I seriously fear for my son's future in terms of education and opportunities. If it gets seriously bad (and I'm talking MUCH MUCH worse than it ALREADY is) I am high-tailing it to Cananda. No question. BOTH parties are to blame for the situation we're in.

.Bubbles.
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:32 PM

I absolutely agree!  With the way our government is progressing I am terrified to think what kind of world my children will live in as adults.

81charduck
by Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:05 PM

It is nice to know others feel the same way, but how can we get the message to Congress?!  I feel the need to DO SOMETHING!  But what?

survivorinohio
by RenΓ© on Aug. 20, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Quoting rfurlongg:

I agree. They all take a part in the blame. I also feel terribly powerless, so I have no words of wisdom for you...

This:(

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Aug. 20, 2011 at 3:25 PM

:( Bump.

lisakansas
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:08 PM

I'm with you, my sister.

gludwig2000
by Gina on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:19 PM

I think that many of us are feeling the same way, and don't know what to do because we know that we can't turn to our "employees' in government.

MaddiesMama09
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 4:52 PM
Agreed

Quoting rfurlongg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)