Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dem Rep: Obama Will Have "Very Tough Time" Winning Re-Election

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:24 PM
  • 24 Replies

Rep. Pete DeFazio (D-Ore.) slams president Obama in an interview with KGW in Portland.

From the KGW report:

Asked whether he thought the President had a shot at re-election, Defazio was skeptical.

“At this point it pretty much depends on how far out there the Republican nominee is. You know with a respectable--someone who is a little bit toward the middle of the road--Republican nominee, he’s going to have a very tough time getting re-elected,” said DeFazio.

He’s also not convinced the President will do well in Oregon.

“I believe Oregon is very much in play. I mean we are one of the harder hit states in the union, particularly my part of the state. I've just done six town hall meetings, have seven to go but people are shaking their heads and saying 'I don't know if I’d vote for him again.'” Defazio said.

Asked if he was surprised, the congressman shrugged.

“Not at all," DeFazio said. "One guy asked me, 'Give me 25 words what he's about and what he’s done for me.' I’m like, 'It could have been worse.'

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/08/19/dem_rep_obama_doesnt_seem_to_have_an_ounce_of_fight_in_him.html

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Bubbles.
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I wish the Democrats would find someone to run against him in the primaries OR that the Republicans would find a candidate that was more middle of the road.  As of right now there is not one candidate that I would want to see as President.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:42 PM

“At this point it pretty much depends on how far out there the Republican nominee is. You know with a respectable--someone who is a little bit toward the middle of the road--Republican nominee, he’s going to have a very tough time getting re-elected,” said DeFazio.

DUH!

I have yet to see that GOP candidate declare-

heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Unfortunately, Obama hasn't been able to pull through with 90% of his campaign promises, and the way the dems went about the healthcare bill wasn't very, erm... good? 

I think that Obama is a good person and has good intentions but he's just turned out to be a major disappointment. 

As it stands right now he still has my vote.. but only because the media seems to have chosen Michele Bachmann or Rick Perry to be his opposition. I'm on the fence about Ron Paul because he doesn't repeat the same talking points but I have heard some less than favorable things about him as well. But I doubt he'll get past the primaries anyway.

rfurlongg
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:29 PM
Depending on who the GOP puts out, I agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1bluediamond
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Well it's just a little over a year until the 2012 election and the Republicans haven't presented one viable candiate. I disgree that he has little chance. Not as it stands now anyway.

OHgirlinCA
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:46 PM

I wish I could agree, but right now I just don't know.  It really depends on who the Republican candidate will be....

timeforprogress
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:14 AM
There will be a third option on the ballot in all 50 states that will be nominated by Americans through the internet.

We don't have to settle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Emerald Member on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Many of the liberals will still vote for him, as we can see, but many of the independants who are not hangng on CM arguing politics all day will not,  It will be any republican over Obama.  He will not stand up in debate to any of the names on the rep ticket.  He will have to be on the defense and explain why obviously failed policies worked.  It won't be pretty and I would be suprised to see him agree to a debate.

rfurlongg
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:23 AM
Anyone in mind?

Quoting timeforprogress:

There will be a third option on the ballot in all 50 states that will be nominated by Americans through the internet.

We don't have to settle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Reminds me of someone holding up comments by a black person painting black folks in a negative light  - "See, he's one of your people and even he agrees with me, so that makes me right".  Or even better "so that means I'm not a racist because a black person said it first..."  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)