Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think something is happening...

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:34 PM
  • 43 Replies
With all the wierd weather lately??? I'm in NJ and within the last year I have noticed evacuation plan signs posted, several buildings have a red square with a black X painted on them, I looked it up and it stands for fire marshall and emergency management and last year I believe it was, all the towns in my county installed air horn sirens. Also, half of a walmart parking lot has about a dozen trailers for emergency management parked there since the end of last winter. Idk if its just me but I feel like "they" aren't telling us something. Not sure if this matters but all the towns in my county border the New York City, New Jersey coast. What do you think? Don't forget, this past year new york has had 3 tornados (over here, that's unheard of) and a snow storm of 3 feet (also unheard of here) and that's among othe freakish weather for this area including a 5 hour lightning storm yesterday, with no rain and a monsoon like storm this afternoon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:37 PM

It's either the end times or haarp. shouting

Seriously though I just think it's normal weather patterns that occur every so often. I live along the MO river and have been dealing with this flood crap for a while.. but such is the risk I take for living here.

heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:48 PM

btw that monsoon storm came through my area yesterday. Lots of damaged cars and broken trees. My son's father completely lost power because the tree in his backyard fell over onto his electical strip and the wind blew off controls to things like his electricity from outside. His landlord won't call him back to fix the problem either. 

M.I.L.F201
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:15 PM
I don't think its the end of times or an apoclwhatever, I just think the weather is changing dramtically which could be a very dangerous thing considering new yorkers would go into cardiac arrest at the smallest tremble of an earthquake and what the hell would texans do with snow??? There's also talk from NASA about this solor storm that may occur in the next couple years. I don't know what to believe but I worry no one is prepaired for the unexpected. It took the city of new york 4 days to get people out of the 3 foot snow that had drifts of up to 6 feet!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrogSalad
by Sooze on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:17 PM

It's La Niña.  Or at least that's what I heard on the news this morning.

M.I.L.F201
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:17 PM
And yes it may very well be haarp but I still don't think we are prepaired
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M.I.L.F201
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:18 PM
LA WHAT??????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Yeah. It's always possible that we aren't being told about something. I certainly have no faith in the government to tell us anything, frankly, if they don't want to. I know that the moon affects things like the tides, so if there is a solar storm coming, it's likely that maybe that could be affecting the weather. Could also be global warming, although, even as a Liberal, I really don't know all that much on global warming, so I won't make that claim as 100% fact since I don't have the resources to back it up. I don't think anyone is prepared for the unexpected.. otherwise it would mean it's expected... :) Let's just hope we don't get our asses handed to us too badly. 

Earthy_Mom
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Yup... electromagnetic forces at play disrupting the earths magnetic field. Have you heard about the north pole? It's moving 40 miles towards Russia a year (and still speeding up) :)

And if you ask me... the Earths core is speeding up, it'll get to a point when it stops for a moment and flips like a boomerang and goes the other way, thus resulting in changes here on the surface.

All this, and more, adds to an increase in natural disasters (earthquakes, more of them and stronger... volcanoes, more going off... tornadoes, hurricanes, storms, winds, tsunami's, etc...). These things happen all the time, but they don't normally happen all at once.

And from my understanding, that lovely thing called HARPP is messing around too... while they cannot create disasters, they can move them along the electrical grid of the Earth to where they want them (if they catch it soon enough and/or can predict where they will come). Also, governments worldwide, have underground bases and have since gone to work on more, stronger buildings I guess, to evacuate government officials to (not to mention the seed vault they made with seeds from virtually every plant on earth).

I could go on forever... needless to say, prepare for the worst, hope for the best... stick your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye.

"...go ahead and sell me out, I'll lay all your shit bare..."
- Adele 'Rolling in the Deep' -

"Hope is not a strategy"
- Anonymous -

"If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
Then we'd see the day when nobody died..."

- Nickelback 'If Everyone Cared' -

.Bubbles.
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Earthy mom where can someone find information about that?  I am genuinely interested in those kinds of things I had no idea that the North Pole was shifting.  Very interesting.  I know we have been experiencing heat and humidity here that is far from the ordinary.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Evacuation signs are all over New Jersey because it is a coastal state and the lower half is a peninsula with water on both sides.  Evacuation routes are marked in case of hurricanes and / or tsunamis.  Although I do have to admit the first time I saw them it freaked me out  :).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)