• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Perry casts himself as anti-intellectual, says his life shaped by faith

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:13 PM
  • 59 Replies

Perry casts himself as anti-intellectual, says his life shaped by faith
Source: The Washington Post

LYNCHBURG, Va. — Texas Gov. Rick Perry offered himself here Wednesday as a decidedly anti-intellectual candidate, making light of flunking out of some of his classes at Texas A&M University, and instead casting his life and presidential aspirations in deeply spiritual terms.

Perry said he spent many nights in his 20s pondering his purpose, “wondering what to do with this one life among the billions that were on the planet,” but that God’s answers were revealed to him in due time.

“He who knows the number of drops in the ocean, he counts the sands in the desert, he knows you by name. . . . He doesn’t require perfect people to execute his perfect plan,” Perry said in an address at Liberty University, the Christian college founded by evangelist Jerry Falwell.

“As spiritual beings, we are meant to live in relationship with our creator and with one another. And the happiest moments of every experience are when I am in communion with God and in community with others,” he said.

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/perry-casts-hims... 

"Anti-intellectual"????? I am getting more scared for November 2012.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PamR
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Didn't we just see this movie, from 2000-2008?  Do we really need a repeat?

Layla19
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:56 AM

So, he can't manage to pass some classes, but he's equipped to run the whole country?

I wonder if Canada's going to have a huge immigration problem soon....

Perry- I don't care how happy you are with your god.  I care about your competence.  Could we see some indicatino of that, please?

candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:50 AM

a repeat of the movie would be much better than another 4 from 2012 to 2016

rfurlongg
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:55 AM
Perry will say whatever he thinks will win him the nomination. The question is really going to be: can he pull the independent vote with this type of talk in the general election?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:56 AM
Thats bullshit

Quoting candlegal:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:57 AM

kind of seems like they all do that

Quoting rfurlongg:

Perry will say whatever he thinks will win him the nomination. The question is really going to be: can he pull the independent vote with this type of talk in the general election?

xo.MommyW.xo
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:57 AM
This dude is a moron. As a christian that is NOT the type of person I want running the country.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:57 AM

um, okay, if you say so

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Thats bullshit

Quoting candlegal:

rfurlongg
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:02 AM
Idk... I'm not convinced. Right now we are hearing mostly from the right and not much from the middle. We will see.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting rfurlongg:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
resamerie
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:14 AM

You mean, all politicians tell different people just what they THINK those people want to hear? Surely you jest....

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting rfurlongg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)