Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone else creeped out by little girls wearing red lipstick and heels?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:47 PM
  • 46 Replies
Looks like little Suri Cruise is taking a page out of Coco Arquette's fashion playbook. Tomkat's famous 5-year-old kitten was spotted in New York City sporting crimson lipstick and a hot pink hat, a combo that made her look a lot like a pint-size Boy George, in my opinion.

I've already shared my personal take on make-up for the elementary school crowd -- it's a cross between silly and scary. When I blogged about 7-year-old Coco parading around town with painted lips, (not to be confused with the time that Coco was allowed to get blonde highlights), a sweeping majority of readers who commented were on my side. (My side being "maybe age seven is a tad young for face paint in public.") I'm just not a fan of tarting up our daughters during the tender years. In fact, Stop Dressing Your Six Year Old Like a Skank is one of my all-time favorite books -- and only partly because of the awesome title.

Yes, this is Hollywood, where the rules are clearly different from the rest of the world. Still, if I was a famous mom, I think I'd stick to dolling myself up oddly (rabbit ears, anyone?) and leave my kids out of it.

Read More http://www.ivillage.com/katie-holmes-let-suri-cruise-wear-lipstick/6-a-381647#ixzz1XxSKrp00
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperChicken
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:57 PM

She does look like Boy George, lol.

But really, I didn't see a big deal.  Little girls like to dress up.  She's not modelling her own lingerie line like some "famous" kids out there.  Or being tarted up like a hooker for a cheap trophy.

cowboysgirl3227
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM

There are certainly worse things she could be wearing.  All little girls like and want to try makeup.  I could see a problem if she was wearing a bra and panties or something like that.

BleedinHeartMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:02 PM
my seven yr old DD wears my heels and red lipstick around the house...wouldnt take her in public like that and shes too little to be wearing heels right now anyway...thats just asking for back..knee..and foot problems later in life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmmuJSE
by Ammu on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:11 PM

I wore my moms around the house. I don't see what the big deal is.

Question. 

Almost every picture I have saw of Suri, she's in a dress. Does the girl own pants at all? Nothing wrong with wearing dresses or skirts....but I'm just curious. 

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I don't find it creepy. 

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM

At home is one thing, heels and red lipstick out is another...I guess Im just a prude

Quoting AmmuJSE:

Question. 

Almost every picture I have saw of Suri, she's in a dress. Does the girl own pants at all? Nothing wrong with wearing dresses or skirts....but I'm just curious. 

OHgirlinCA
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:34 PM

I don't have an issue with little girls wearing makeup and playing dress up at home at a friend's house, but I do think it's ridiculous for makeup and high heels to be a part of their everyday wardrobe.  I personally would not allow it.

2hotTaco
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Should let them be kids. They have plenty of time for lipstick and heels when they get a little older.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Didn't you hear? The Prostitot look is all the rage this year!

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:39 PM

I wouldn't call you a prude.  I wouldn't let my girls go in public that young in heels or lipstick but I am just not creeped out by it. 

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

At home is one thing, heels and red lipstick out is another...I guess Im just a prude

Quoting AmmuJSE:

Question. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)