Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gas from McDonald's soda fountain caused Ga. death

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

Gas from McDonald's soda fountain caused Ga. death

Source: SFGate.com


Police say leaking carbon dioxide gas is to blame for the death of an 80-year-woman who passed out in a restroom at a McDonald's restaurant in southeast Georgia.

Pooler Police Chief Mark Revenew said Wednesday that investigators found carbon dioxide used to inject carbonation into the restaurant's soda fountain had been leaking between the walls and into the restroom, where two women were found unconscious Sept. 7.

The gas is normally harmless. But authorities say enough had escaped that it displaced air the women needed to breathe.

Several people at the restaurant needed medical treatment. One of them, Anne Felton of Ponte Vedra, Fla., later died at a hospital.





Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/0... 
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PamR
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Another reason to avoid McDonald's?

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Another reason carbonated sodas should be outlawed!

BleedinHeartMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM
wonder how many layoffs this will cause..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Is it bad that the first 2 comments made me laugh?

What a horrible incident.  I could get behind a regulation requiring carbon dioxide detectors in restaurants/stores.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)