Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laughing stock of the internet?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:44 PM
  • 14 Replies
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/attack-watch-new-obama-campaign-site-to-fight-smears-becomes-laughing-stock-of-the-internet/2011/09/14/gIQAspHDSK_blog.html

Posted at 12:56 PM ET, 09/14/2011 Attack Watch, new Obama campaign site to ‘fight smears,’ becomes laughing stock of conservatives

presidential campaign heats up, President Obama’s campaign team has set up a new Web site, AttackWatch.com, to challenge negative statements about the president made by Republican presidential candidates and conservatives.
Obama for America national field director Jeremy Bird told ABC News that the site’s goal is to offer “resources to fight back” against attacks. Mostly, that means fact checking statements from the likes of GOP presidential contenders Mitt Romney and Rick Perry and conservative commentator Glenn Beck and offering evidence to the contrary.
The site is designed in bold red and black colors, and uses statements like “support the truth” and “fight the smears.” The response to the site has been less than stellar. On Twitter, where the Web site has an account to help Obama supporters submit evidence of “attacks” on the president using the hashtag #attackwatch, nearly every tweet about the site —mostly from conservatives —has ridiculed it. “There's a new Twitter account making President Obama look like a creepy, authoritarian nutjob,” an Arizonan tweeted.

“In less than 24 hours, Attack Watch has become the biggest campaign joke in modern history,” a contributor to conservative blog The Right Sphere wrote. The contributor linked to the following parody commercial for Attack Watch:
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zipadeedohda
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:46 PM
Site designed in bold RED and BLACK there was a flag that used the same colors.....hmmmm
BleedinHeartMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:46 PM
I know who else is...............This site doesnt bother me and as long as someone doesnt do stupid chit they shouldnt have to worry....next
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zipadeedohda
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:51 PM
@bleeding heart
Thats cool if you are comfortable with it, personally I dont care who created it, Obama, Bush, Reagan Eisenhower FDR.... I am not comfortable with our leaders encouraging its citicens to report one another as that seems to be the slant to this whole site as it was during healthcare.
wymama610
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Why would anyone have to "smear" Obama?  His proven record is enough to sink him.

nikisazombie
by Nikki on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:56 PM
Um... wow. I'm NOT comfortable with this. I agree with Zipadedohda... it wouldn't matter WHO made the site, it makes them look like a damn nutjob.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaof2angles
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:12 PM
How is it any different then when someone in CM "reports" another member? Or any other type of "reporting" on other sites? Hmm?

Quoting nikisazombie:

Um... wow. I'm NOT comfortable with this. I agree with Zipadedohda... it wouldn't matter WHO made the site, it makes them look like a damn nutjob.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Quoting wymama610:

Why would anyone have to "smear" Obama?  His proven record is enough to sink him.

lol

Lev8mysoul
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Basically this site is exactly like his "fight the smears" site back in 2008 and is meant to give out the "talking points" to his followers as well as to "report" anyone who is against him.  What is he going to do about it?  Send SEIU members to the persons home to harrass and scare that person into submission?

Lev8mysoul
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Have to agree with this

Quoting Zipadeedohda:

@bleeding heart
Thats cool if you are comfortable with it, personally I dont care who created it, Obama, Bush, Reagan Eisenhower FDR.... I am not comfortable with our leaders encouraging its citicens to report one another as that seems to be the slant to this whole site as it was during healthcare.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM
I have a pair of panties with the same colors, hmmmm.

Quoting Zipadeedohda:

Site designed in bold RED and BLACK there was a flag that used the same colors.....hmmmm

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)