Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom tried to kill herself and kids in crash --- OMGOMGOMG This guy is my friend I've known him since 7th grade!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:29 PM
  • 27 Replies

Mom accused of trying to kill children in crash

DAYTON, Ohio -- A Dayton mother, accused of trying to kill herself and her three children, was formally charged on Wednesday.

Montgomery County prosecutors charged Renee Alsup with one count of felonious assault and four counts of attempted felonious assault.

Prosecutors said Alsup crashed into a tree on Willow Mist Drive, hit a parked vehicle and then flipped over the family mini van on Monday. They said she crashed the van on purpose.

The father of the children, John Selway, said he does not doubt for a second that his ex-wife tried to kill their children.

Selway said the mother of his 6-year-old son and 5-year-old twin boys, called him at work on Monday and made a threat.

"She told me, if I can't be there right now, that she's gonna drive the van off a bridge and kill them all," Selway said.

He said he immediately called Huber Heights Police, where his ex-wife and children live on Cosner Drive.

"The next phone call I got was from her aunt saying i needed to go to the hospital because she totaled the van," Selway said. "My heart dropped to my feet."

Selway said he knew the crash was no accident. According to police, the crash only gave the boys some scrapes and bruises.

Selway said his children are doing much better now and they are with him. However, he is worried about emotional scars.

"The first thing my oldest son said to me was mom tried to kill us," said Selway.

Renee Alsup remains in the Montgomery County Jail.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/29173184/detail.html

I have know John since we were kids! This is just crazy! Renee went to HS with us and she's always been batshit crazy!!!!! 

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DeathGoddess
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:30 PM

damn!!!

lovinangels
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM

OMG that's so scary.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Those poor kids. I hope they can get past this and it doesn't destroy their childhood. I also hope they never give those kids back to their mother for any unsupervised visits.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Thank goodness the children are okay- hopefully they can get past all of this.

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:37 PM

If she has always been batshit crazy what does it say for him marrying her? Stupid Lady leave the kids out of your suicide BS. 

jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:40 PM

OMG, that is just terrible.  What a horrible realization for a 6 year old.  I hope those kids can get past it.

Quote:

"The first thing my oldest son said to me was mom tried to kill us," said Selway.
OHgirlinCA
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:42 PM
I'm glad she didn't succeed in killing her kids... Poor kids :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by Kellie on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:50 PM

This has made me sad and angry. 

4FAM67860509
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:51 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:17 AM

That sucks.

Why do guys go for the batshit insane women, anyway?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)