Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Republican Primary Debate November 9: Watch It and Discuss the Issues with Us!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:49 AM
  • 165 Replies
1 mom liked this

The "Your Money, Your Vote" Republican Debate is Wednesday, November 9 at 8 p.m. ET in Rochester, Michigan.

patriotic        

You can watch this debate on CNBC and come back here throughout to tell the group what you think!

Tonight's participating candidates are: Bachmann, Cain, Gingrich, Huntsman, Paul, Perry, Romney, and Santorum.

Reply here to tell us what you like about the candidates, what you don’t like, what you think about their stances on the issues, and whatever comes to mind during the debate!

Join us right here starting at 8 pm Eastern tonight to debate the debate with the Current Events & Hot Topics group! Are you ready?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SisterPeach
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Can't wait!

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:54 PM
I'm here and ready!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Steph
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:59 PM

The debate will begin momentarily on CNBC. What questions are you hoping the candidates will answer tonight?

Cafe Steph
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:06 PM

And they're off!

Cafe Steph
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I think I prefer the roundtable format to the traditional podiums - it feels less like grandstanding when the candidates speak.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I can't believe they're all saying let Italy fail. Wow. I expected Ron Paul to say that but the rest I didn't. Jim Cramer was kind of loosing it when they said that.

Cafe Steph
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Do you think there's any benefit to the US to let Italy fail as they suggest?

Quoting smalltowngal:

I can't believe they're all saying let Italy fail. Wow. I expected Ron Paul to say that but the rest I didn't. Jim Cramer was kind of loosing it when they said that.

bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:17 PM

"If you're too big to fail, then you're too big." I actually do agree with this. I think we should put a system in place to check banks and corporations so that they can't grow so large as to cause a detrimental effect on the economy if they fail.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:21 PM

If you let Italy fail, then you're basically throwing in the towel with the world economy. Italy will take down the rest of the world. It's economy is a lot larger than Greece. You will see a complete global collapse.

I think the debt has gotten so out of control that eventually we're going to have to do debt restructuring. Basically, do people want a controlled collapse or complete meltdown. I am more of the Ron Paul philosophy of getting the pain over with quickly but shocked that the other candidates would say something similar.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Do you think there's any benefit to the US to let Italy fail as they suggest?

Quoting smalltowngal:

bamababe1975
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Ooh, now here we go with Cain and the allegations against him. That audience booed so loudly over that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)