• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying a meal for someone who is hungry

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:36 PM
  • 29 Replies

If you see someone panhandling for money for food, do you buy them something to eat to help?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SisterPeach
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I have. 

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Always.

My DH works downtown and a lot of the soup kitchens and shelters have lost their funding and closed down. It isn't an unusual occurence at all to see panhandlers. We almost always buy or bring them food if we know where they are.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I have.

kam013
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM

When my daughter was in college, I used to go visit her and take her out to lunch frequently.  There were often homeless in the city areas in front of restaurants.  I would give them cash, but tell them they needed to go to the counter and order food, they always did. 

parrishsky
by Maxfield on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Yes. I've also given my 'to go' containers to the homeless (and their dog) a few times. If I see someone outside a store I usually give them something from my bag that's healthy like an apple or banana and I also keep granola bars in my car for those on street corners. I prefer to give food rather than cash.

TWINS609
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Yes, I gave a man a pizza once when I was in the city . I also gave a man money once because I had a flat tire and he changed it for me. He was homeless and helped me.  I don't come in contact with panhandlers very often. I live in a small town. But if I am in the city I do and my DH gets angry if I give them money. He prefers we provide food.

Della529
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Yes, I do.  Even if one did piss me off by throwing it away when he thought I couldn't see him any longer.

GLWerth
by Gina on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM

We do. It used to be fairly often, but now we live in a small town and seldom are in places where the homeless congregate.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:55 PM
I'd help out if I saw someone, around here though u never know what they may be doing or what they have in their pockets
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashellbell
by shellbark on Nov. 9, 2011 at 4:58 PM
Yes yes yes. We volunteer at homeless shelters and make sack lunches to take to areas that the homeless frequent at.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)