Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think about Penn state with your heart or your mind?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: If you knew would you talk if you knew you could be fired?

Options:

I think with my heart, yes

I think with my head, no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 2

View Results

Do you think with your heart as a parent or do you think logically when you think of those who "covered" it up?

Personally:

my heart tells me everyone who help to cover it up should rot in jail

My mind logically knows its not that simple. This was something a alarming number of people knew about. The only people I feel are responsible are the top director of penn state and the molester himself. All the others where middle men, unfortunately trapped. Bottom line if I know talking to the police might get my fired, Im going to keep my mouth shut. I will protect my family before anyone else's. I couldn't bare knowing but I could live knowing my babies where homeless and starving. 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Why does it have to be one or the other?  My head would have told me to call the police.

_Bama_
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldnt sleep at night knowing that I knew something as horrible as that done to a child and sat back and done nothing.  I would rather be homeless....  I can tell you right now... all parties involved will have to walk the streets of their towns and face their friends and family and know that their character is lacking. Big time.

_Bama_
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

That statement just bothers me... Normally I would be hell ya I will take care of my own first but damn we are talking about someones child.... how would you like someone to take one of your babies into a shower and do whatever and nobody stand up and say WHAT THE HELL... and call the cops?  I doubt you would want that to happen... ):  Sometimes you have to stand for something..... or like that ole country song says.... you fall for anything... 

xo.MommyW.xo
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:14 PM
Dont know what happened. I just know someone is resigning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassnadrajones
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:18 PM

It depends. I read a little of the investigation report. Some of these parents knew. They talked to penn police. You mean to tell me you know your son was just abused and you go talk to the very people who will cover it up. Then after they did nothing you still didnt go to the real police? I think some of them were paid to keep quiet. In that case I feel no sympathy for those who received a check.

LoriKeet
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:25 PM

My head would have told me to go up the food chain until someone finally did something about it, and immediately!  My heart would have demanded that my head do so, for the sake of the victims.

An effin job is NEVER worth keeping at the expense of turning the other cheek, because the subject matter is "touchy" and had far reaching remifications for the people involved and in this case the reputation of a well known college and football program.

My gut tells me that the DA who disappeared without a trace (body never found, bank accounts were never touched, computer hard drive found in a river) is buried under layers of concrete under the football stadium!

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Quoting _Bama_:

That statement just bothers me... Normally I would be hell ya I will take care of my own first but damn we are talking about someones child.... how would you like someone to take one of your babies into a shower and do whatever and nobody stand up and say WHAT THE HELL... and call the cops?  I doubt you would want that to happen... ):  Sometimes you have to stand for something..... or like that ole country song says.... you fall for anything... 

This is soooo true.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:28 PM

What the effing eff are people thinking?? Going up the food chain?

How about THE POLICE?!? And for good measure let me add another few !!!.

owl0210
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:31 PM

If I knew a little boy was being molested I would contact the police.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)