• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fluffay, like stuffing!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:45 PM
  • 35 Replies

T-Day, Thanksgiving, Turkey Day....here is what I wanna know:

What is your favorite holiday dish to prepare/eat?

NOT the bird, but side dishes.

Share a recipe too if you feel for it; lawd knows I need all the help I can get.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jehosoba84
by Jenn on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Bah, Humbug! I dont care for turkey, I dont like stuffing at all, I dont like cranberry sauce, I dont like green bean casserole, I dont care for pumpkin pie and Macy's parade is boring! lol  I wish for the life of me I could like Thanksgiving.

jehosoba84
by Jenn on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Sorry for the negativity, I do love candied yams!

Radarma
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jehosoba84:

Bah, Humbug! I dont care for turkey, I dont like stuffing at all, I dont like cranberry sauce, I dont like green bean casserole, I dont care for pumpkin pie and Macy's parade is boring! lol  I wish for the life of me I could like Thanksgiving.

LMFVO! Well gosh honey, thanks fer stoppin' by!

:D

Radarma
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I am feeding friends this Saturday...I am open to TIPS.

Anyone?

punky3175
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:19 PM
I found a cranberry chutney recipe on cooking light and I absolutely LOVE it - it has cranberries and slivere almonds (there's more but I can't remember right now.) I'll try to find recipe online tomorrow when I'm back on computer at work and post here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
punky3175
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:23 PM
There was also a recipe for butternut squash and rice. That one was super yummy. :-) I'll look for it tomorrow too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dustinsmom1
by JENN on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Stuffing, i use the recipe on the bells seasoning box and tweak it a little, I love green bean casserole, (I'm the only one but I'm making it anyway!!) mashed taters, of course!!!, Sweet potatoes...just made like mashed taters, no marshmallow yuckiness...trying anew brussel sprout recipe as well!

FrogSalad
by Sooze on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Stuffing/dressing and scalloped corn.  Just found out tonight that the in-laws are doing traditional T-day food this year, so I think I'll bring my grandma's scalloped corn recipe.

Radarma
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Does the corn replace the green beans?

katy_kay08
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:36 PM
I make a super yummy sweet potato dish with carmalized apples on the top and my next favorite is cranberry apple pie.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)