Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Once a cheater, always a cheater

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:02 AM
  • 60 Replies

Kat Von D thanks ex Jesse James for cheating on her with 19 women 

The couple officially split in September after calling off their engagement

Monday, November 14 2011, 1:09 PM

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA - SEPTEMBER 02:  Television Personalities Jesse James and Kat Von D, arrives at Kat Von D's Wonderland Gallery Opening on September 2, 2010 in West Hollywood, California.  (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
Frazer Harrison/Getty Images

Kat Von D said she hoped she could change Jesse James and his philandering ways.

Kat Von D had an unusual message for Jesse James after finding out he cheated on her: thank you.

The tattooed “LA Ink” star posted a public missive to her bad boy ex on Facebook Sunday, revealing James had affairs with nearly 20 other women during their year-long relationship.

“Today I encountered the 19th girl to add to the list of people Jesse cheated on me with during this last year,” Von D wrote in a post titled “Thank you, Jesse James.”

“I know I deserve a big fat ‘I told you so’ from everyone, and wish I didn’t have to say, ‘You all were more right than you’ll ever know,’ but you were,” she wrote.

Declaring that her post was not an attack on James but came from “a place of pure honesty and love,” Von D claimed she was writing to “release and let go of any residual feelings remaining from that toxic relationship.”

Von D, 29, and James, 42, officially split in September after calling off their engagement following a brief reconciliation.

Von D, who made a point of sticking by James after his very public divorce from Sandra Bullock, says she hoped to change him from the philandering husband who called himself “America’s most hated” man.

But James, busted for cheating on Bullock with a variety of tattooed mistresses, proved unable to change his ways.

“I think it just made me sad today to imagine him still in that dark place — where seeking validation through the attention of women takes precedence over being a good father, a sincere friend, a better co-worker and a happy individual,” she wrote.

Von D said she was revealing the truth about their relationship so that she could move on.

“Time is something you can never get back, and what we do with this very present moment is the most real thing we have,” she wrote. “So if that’s the lesson Jesse forced me to face and learn by all of this, then all I can say is Thank You.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/kat-von-thanks-jesse-james-cheating-19-women-article-1.977291#ixzz1e47nmncn

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iluv2meow
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:03 AM
hmmmmm. The male cats are male sluts too.
SuperChicken
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol, if you start out as the whore a man is cheating on his wife with chances are good that he's not going to be faithful to you. You've already agreed that cheating is acceptable behavior by doing it yourself. I guess there are a very few exceptions, but pretty much if he'll cheat with you he's going to cheat on you.
SisterPeach
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:31 AM

What did she think was going to happen? Was she hoping for a very colorful happily ever after? He cheated on effing Sandra Bullock, who from what I can tell is one of the sweetest women alive. Dude's a serial cheater. That's what they do. They cheat.

heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Bet she feels stupid for tattooing him onto her armpit now.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:45 AM

She's a lot classier than him!

Yep, I pretty much agree, once a cheater, always a cheater.  I suppose there has been exceptions but people who are able to carry on long relationships with lots of people without them knowing is not the kind of person who can reform.  A one night stand while in a fight, maybe not the same thing.  But for sure people who carry on simultaneous relationships will not be reformed.

andiemomo3
by Andie on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Ouch.  On her armpit???  Hello sensitive area.

Quoting heidimoose134:

Bet she feels stupid for tattooing him onto her armpit now.

miss_lisa
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Quoting stacymomof2:

She's a lot classier than him!

Yep, I pretty much agree, once a cheater, always a cheater.  I suppose there has been exceptions but people who are able to carry on long relationships with lots of people without them knowing is not the kind of person who can reform.  A one night stand while in a fight, maybe not the same thing.  But for sure people who carry on simultaneous relationships will not be reformed.

Disagreed.

It's all circumistantial and unless you know people personally you'll never be able to accurately make broad statements like "for sure people who carry on simultaneous relationships will not be reformed".

steviechick
by Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:50 AM

I agree with the once a cheater always one.....take it from me and the experience I've gone through.  My ex cheated on me with his co-worker for three years.  He did this behind my back and would pretend to be the 'loving husband'.  I even caught him gawking at other women.  One gawking even happened two weeks before he even bothered to tell me he was cheating on me.  My ex will end up cheating on his girlfriend there's no doubt in my mind.  Doens't help matters that he's a financial deadbeat, too.  My ex will never be reformed.  He's a scumbag through and through. 

cammibear
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:54 AM
To answer the question...no, I dont believe once a cheater always a cheater. Some cheat once, learn their lesson, and never do it again. Others just dont care. Jesse James doesn't care. Sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miss_lisa
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Quoting steviechick:

I agree with the once a cheater always one.....take it from me and the experience I've gone through.  My ex cheated on me with his co-worker for three years.  He did this behind my back and would pretend to be the 'loving husband'.  I even caught him gawking at other women.  One gawking even happened two weeks before he even bothered to tell me he was cheating on me.  My ex will end up cheating on his girlfriend there's no doubt in my mind.  Doens't help matters that he's a financial deadbeat, too.  My ex will never be reformed.  He's a scumbag through and through. 

So because your ex always cheated on you, this means that every single person that ever cheats on a spouse or partner will always cheat again?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)