Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welp it is that time of year again....christmas related.

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:43 AM
  • 50 Replies
2 moms liked this

So most of us have seen the whole post on FB that comes around every year that says don't take christ out of christmas. What are you thoughts on this?

I am personally SICK of hearing it, I don't give a flying frack how you celebrate it but some christians just don't get that christmas was original a pagan holiday and had nothing to do with christ.

Another thing that bothers me to no end is that them same christians say non christians do not have the right to celebrating christmas, well IMO you have no right celebrating a pagan rooted holiday either.

Same with easter. I have yet to have someone post it on my FB but when they do they will get the unfriend button, I just can't be friends with ignorant people.

Atheists or non christians how do you celebrate christmas and what do you say to people that say you have no business celebrating it in the first place because you are not christians?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sekirei
by Sevrsaxhtharxxa on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:46 AM
3 moms liked this

I ignore the chuckleheads.. honestly, their words mean very little to me (unless I am bored, then I use them to entertain myself)

and we celebrate the holiday season with no deities period. :) We decorate and eat and give gifties... that is it. I love it.

gamama6
by Michelle on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:49 AM

Us too :)

Quoting Sekirei:

I ignore the chuckleheads.. honestly, their words mean very little to me (unless I am bored, then I use them to entertain myself)

and we celebrate the holiday season with no deities period. :) We decorate and eat and give gifties... that is it. I love it.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:57 AM
2 moms liked this

There is only one person on my friends list who posts that sort of thing.. and I hit the "hide all posts from person's name." ... problem solved without having to be dramatic and "unfriend" him simply because he has different views than I do about one thing. 

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Tarot
by Tea on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Christmas is all about the baby Jesus. If it weren't, it wouldn't be named after him.

*nod*

OneToughMami
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this
omg have you seen the latest chain status lol...apparently christmas is exclusively american and if you celebrate anything else you are unamerican...fuck that...yall can have your one day with jesus...imma go have 8 night with my nana and a menorah!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tarot
by Tea on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Quoting OneToughMami:

omg have you seen the latest chain status lol...apparently christmas is exclusively american and if you celebrate anything else you are unamerican...fuck that...yall can have your one day with jesus...imma go have 8 night with my nana and a menorah!

Well damn... and all this time I thought I was American.

OneToughMami
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:19 AM
well according to facebook which is a legit fact factory...we are not americans! we are immigrants or aliens er something maybe grays?

Quoting Tarot:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Well damn... and all this time I thought I was American.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tarot
by Tea on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:22 AM

Quoting OneToughMami:

well according to facebook which is a legit fact factory...we are not americans! we are immigrants or aliens er something maybe grays?

I'm sure I'd be label a heathen for celebrating a Pagan holiday. ;-)

OneToughMami
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:28 AM
heathen is good...but the status did say theyd be helping us pack...hopefully they are sending me somewhere warm, sunny, and tropical!

Quoting Tarot:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tarot
by Tea on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Quoting OneToughMami:

heathen is good...but the status did say theyd be helping us pack...hopefully they are sending me somewhere warm, sunny, and tropical!

Quoting Tarot:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Hmm... I'll take the UK. :-D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)