Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The fastest way to disperse an OWS protest

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:14 AM
  • 83 Replies
1 mom liked this

carpet bomb them with job applications.

Heard that one the other day and just couldn't help myself! :)

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Eilish-
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:43 PM
13 moms liked this

I don't find that very funny - DH spent over a year ACTIVELY looking for a job and no one would hire him even for the most menial minimum wage jobs. These people aren't just living in mom's basement and living off others. Maybe some are, but that is about as unfair as saying that the whole Tea Party is racist because of a handful that joined that movement.

1bluediamond
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting -Eilish-:

I don't find that very funny - DH spent over a year ACTIVELY looking for a job and no one would hire him even for the most menial minimum wage jobs. These people aren't just living in mom's basement and living off others. Maybe some are, but that is about as unfair as saying that the whole Tea Party is racist because of a handful that joined that movement.

You forgot to mention your husband has served our country for several years, and he still could not find a job.

survivorinohio
by René on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Quoting 1bluediamond:

Quoting -Eilish-:

You forgot to mention your husband has served our country for several years, and he still could not find a job.

:(

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

-Eilish-
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Quoting 1bluediamond:

Quoting -Eilish-:

You're very right. I did forget to mention that part, as well as the part about potential employers throwing his "veterans preference" paper in the garbage with him standing right there ... oh and the part where he was DENIED unemployment after he was officially discharged from the military because he spent his remaining year in the military recovering from injury sustained while on pre-deployment. Oh! and the part about potential employers not wanting to hire a vet because they were afraid of him going "postal" on them.

1bluediamond
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Quoting -Eilish-:

Quoting 1bluediamond:

Quoting -Eilish-:

You're very right. I did forget to mention that part, as well as the part about potential employers throwing his "veterans preference" paper in the garbage with him standing right there ... oh and the part where he was DENIED unemployment after he was officially discharged from the military because he spent his remaining year in the military recovering from injury sustained while on pre-deployment. Oh! and the part about potential employers not wanting to hire a vet because they were afraid of him going "postal" on them.

That is awful! I am so so sorry for the plights your family has faced.

im sorry

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Everybody I know who is active in their local occupy movements is employed.

*shrugs*

-Eilish-
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting 1bluediamond:

Quoting -Eilish-:

Quoting 1bluediamond:

Quoting -Eilish-:

im sorry

Thanks! But I'm convinced that God is making us stronger in spite of it. But it pisses me off when conservatives marginalize OWS. I am cut from the same cloth they are and yet I can manage to sympathize with the OWS protestors. I really wish people would quit looking at things as left vs right. It's such a false dichotomy and it is truly lending itself to the destruction of America.

ETA: I don't know what's worse ... assuming that the OWS protestors are unemployed children living off the nanny state, or that throwing job applications at people will solve all of America's problems.

survivorinohio
by René on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Quoting -Eilish-:

Quoting 1bluediamond:

Quoting -Eilish-:

Quoting 1bluediamond:

Quoting -Eilish-:

im sorry

Thanks! But I'm convinced that God is making us stronger in spite of it. But it pisses me off when conservatives marginalize OWS. I am cut from the same cloth they are and yet I can manage to sympathize with the OWS protestors. I really wish people would quit looking at things as left vs right. It's such a false dichotomy and it is truly lending itself to the destruction of America.

ETA: I don't know what's worse ... assuming that the OWS protestors are unemployed children living off the nanny state, or that throwing job applications at people will solve all of America's problems.

bow down

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

jllcali
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:34 PM
The veteran preference only applies to federal jobs, so if he was applying to a non federal job, it's not surprising it was thrown away. They give this information to outprocessing personnel.

I'm sorry it's been so hard for your husband to find a job.

Quoting -Eilish-:

Quoting 1bluediamond:

Quoting -Eilish-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jllcali
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:37 PM
It's a mildly amusing, but a lot of people will get bent over it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)