Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If I don't buy a washer today, and have it delivered, SO is buying a washer after work. What do you suggest?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 8:27 AM
  • 49 Replies

He told me, have it delivered today,or he's going to buy one tonight. I don't want GE. My last new one lasted only 4 years. What do you ladies suggest? I would like large capacity, and one that will last a while. I hate shopping under the gun like this.Thanks in advance.       

EDIT: Well, I bought a commercial washer, complete with the box to insert your coins. I am LMAO, I can't wait to see his face!!!!

by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
afwifeandmommy3
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 8:28 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tooptimistic
by Kelly on Nov. 29, 2011 at 8:34 AM

I have been looking too.. They are all so expensive!!

Lowes has some great deals!!

http://www.lowes.com/pl_Washers+and+Dryers_4294933407_4294933768_?cm_cr=Laundry+Roo-&_-Web+Activity-_-Laundry+A1+Activity+Generg-'_-SC_Laundry+Room_Area1-_-22603_1_laundry_area1_bucket1_-_washers_dryers

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 8:38 AM

I hate GE products, period.

LOVE our Kenmore from Sears.

Downside is it needs to be ordered. I would never buy an appliance from Lowes.

this is the one we have, except it's more cubic feet and holds a kingsize comforter

eta: we bought our new washer and dryer last February during the presidents day sale and saved 50%. We got our washer and dryer for $899

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 8:39 AM

could you rent one until you find one you like?

survivorinohio
by René on Nov. 29, 2011 at 8:39 AM

I bought a Kenmore frontloader that is the lower priced  line and we have had some issues,  Our water and our electric bills dropped though.  Good luck :).

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 8:42 AM

I live in the Houston area, very high humidity. I think I would have to leave the door open to get it to dry out.

survivorinohio
by René on Nov. 29, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

I live in the Houston area, very high humidity. I think I would have to leave the door open to get it to dry out.

Here in Ohio I have to leave the door open.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

survivorinohio
by René on Nov. 29, 2011 at 8:46 AM

*grumble grumble*  You seem to have the next line up and you paid 300 less. We bought in feb too but the yr before last. *off to pout*

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

this is the one we have, except it's more cubic feet and holds a kingsize comforter

eta: we bought our new washer and dryer last February during the presidents day sale and saved 50%. We got our washer and dryer for $899

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Sorry!

Quoting survivorinohio:

*grumble grumble*  You seem to have the next line up and you paid 300 less. We bought in feb too but the yr before last. *off to pout*

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Nov. 29, 2011 at 8:53 AM
We buy all our appliances from Best Buy. No complaints yet!

We have an LG Washer & Dryer set.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)