Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Guilt tripped into saying Merry Christmas

Posted by   + Show Post

We can't say Happy Holidays anymore now we are being guilt tripped into saying "Merry Christmas". We can't call it a Holiday Tree, people want to call it a "Christmas" Tree again? All simply because it was stolen from the Pagans to begin with, and now it's offending the christians. If you don't like our "Customs" and it offends you so much then YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER STOLE IT TO BEGIN WITH. They are called customs and we have our traditions. ... BLESSED YULE! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! -)O(-

Actually, I call it a 'Yule Tree" or 'Solstice Tree" but the sentiment remains the same!

Like Christianity is the only religion in this country that has a holiday around the winter solstice? Besides Yule and Winter Solstice and New Year's Day and Christmas, there's the Greek Pagan Heliogena, and the Jewish Hanukkah, and I think the Hindu holiday of Diwali is in November just before Thanksgiving, and depending on the calendar the Muslims might have Idd al-Fitr or the Feast of Sacrifice around the end of the year also, and you have Kwanzaa, and Festivus, and I'm sure this list is incomplete. I think Happy Holidays is appropriate.

by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 3:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Nov. 29, 2011 at 4:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I am just gonna walk around saying "happy" to people; they can fill in the blank.

Yup.

Margroc24
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Just take the fricken greetings as intended. I'm sure most people extend whatever holiday greeting in the spirit of goodwill.  This whole war of the words makes me want to wretch. 

It's supposed to be the season of peace on earth, goodwill toward men people! Get with the damned program!!!

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Nov. 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM
Yup Yup Yup!

People say all kinds of greetings to me and I simply smile and say "you too!"

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Happy Holidays... Merry Christmas... whatever!  I'm so tired of seeing people offended by something so silly!  Call it what you want.  If someone says Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays and it upsets you (general you), just keep in mind that person more than likely was trying to be kind, and perhaps you should respond in kind. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Nov. 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM
HaHaHa!!!

"happy......"

:-)

Quoting Radarma:

I am just gonna walk around saying "happy" to people; they can fill in the blank.

Yup.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teddysmom08
by Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:02 PM

The librarian, in the childrens section of our library is Pagan.  She wishes me Merry Christmas, I wish her Happy Yule.  There has never been a problem!

SlingsAndThings
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Happy non specific winter holiday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:24 PM
Unless we start wearing religious badges how can anyone be sure what to say?

I agree with you

Quoting teddysmom08:

The librarian, in the childrens section of our library is Pagan.  She wishes me Merry Christmas, I wish her Happy Yule.  There has never been a problem!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciejoe
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:26 PM

I just think this whole thing is pethetic.  Say whatever the eff you want, celebrate whatever the eff you want.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:26 PM
BAH HUMBUG
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciejoe
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Oh, I know....instead of wishing strangers a happy any holiday, why not just wish them a great day?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured