Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Guilt tripped into saying Merry Christmas

Posted by   + Show Post

We can't say Happy Holidays anymore now we are being guilt tripped into saying "Merry Christmas". We can't call it a Holiday Tree, people want to call it a "Christmas" Tree again? All simply because it was stolen from the Pagans to begin with, and now it's offending the christians. If you don't like our "Customs" and it offends you so much then YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER STOLE IT TO BEGIN WITH. They are called customs and we have our traditions. ... BLESSED YULE! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! -)O(-

Actually, I call it a 'Yule Tree" or 'Solstice Tree" but the sentiment remains the same!

Like Christianity is the only religion in this country that has a holiday around the winter solstice? Besides Yule and Winter Solstice and New Year's Day and Christmas, there's the Greek Pagan Heliogena, and the Jewish Hanukkah, and I think the Hindu holiday of Diwali is in November just before Thanksgiving, and depending on the calendar the Muslims might have Idd al-Fitr or the Feast of Sacrifice around the end of the year also, and you have Kwanzaa, and Festivus, and I'm sure this list is incomplete. I think Happy Holidays is appropriate.

by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 3:28 PM
Replies (31-40):
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Quoting mommietimes3:

Boo Hoo! No one who is living stole anything from YOU personally so get over it. No one forces you to say anything, do you not celebrate Christmas?Do the people who are saying Merry Christmas know or care that you're pagan? People like you are loud mouthed rude Christian haters.

It's people like you who are trying to force Christians to conform to YOUR way of thinking, you're the minority when it comes to the distaste of the phrase Merry Christmas so crawl back under your pagan rock.

Hmm saying people who don't like feeling forced into saying "Merry Christmas" are "rude Christian haters" so your entire post ranting and being super rude and antagonistic about Pagans would make you a "rude Pagan hater" I suppose.

Hypocrisy, thy name is mommietimes...

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 3:05 PM
This is all just ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

fuck you all it's a Tannenbaum and the holdiay you should be celebrating is Dia de los Reyes...because that's the holdiay that's right and true...now to find my damn menorah

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Quoting OneToughMami:

fuck you all it's a Tannenbaum and the holdiay you should be celebrating is Dia de los Reyes...because that's the holdiay that's right and true...now to find my damn menorah

No way man, Hiccup the viking says its Snogeltog and we're supposed to put our helmets out for Odin to fill with goodies :)

Now where's my helmet damnit.....

Tarot
by Tea on Nov. 30, 2011 at 4:14 PM

This reminds me... I need to get myself a Yule tree.

Formerly YourMaya, TeaEarlGreyHot, and firedragonKali.

OneToughMami
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting OneToughMami:

No way man, Hiccup the viking says its Snogeltog and we're supposed to put our helmets out for Odin to fill with goodies :)

Now where's my helmet damnit.....

oh you heathen you!

in all seriousness...I usually just call it The Tree...because it usually sits around naked until December 23rd when we realize we have faminly coming and should probably fix that.

jllcali
by Jane on Nov. 30, 2011 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Exactly! The bible is crystal clear on Christmas trees, saying merry christmas, and telling people who don't agree with you to crawl under a rock!

Quoting mommietimes3:

Boo Hoo! No one who is living stole anything from YOU personally so get over it. No one forces you to say anything, do you not celebrate Christmas?Do the people who are saying Merry Christmas know or care that you're pagan? People like you are loud mouthed rude Christian haters.

It's people like you who are trying to force Christians to conform to YOUR way of thinking, you're the minority when it comes to the distaste of the phrase Merry Christmas so crawl back under your pagan rock.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Well duh...it's all outlined in chapter 35 verse 102...gawd...like you'd know anywayz j.k...this is clearly sarcasm *goes back and replies to the original person*

Quoting jllcali:

Exactly! The bible is crystal clear on Christmas trees, saying merry christmas, and telling people who don't agree with you to crawl under a rock!

Quoting mommietimes3:

OneToughMami
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Quoting mommietimes3:

You should probably do some research on Christmas. You are very ignorant on the subject.

OneToughMami
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Quoting candlegal:

As long as Christmas is a federal holiday and people are getting a paid day off, you would think they wouldn't have a problem saying Merry Christmas. 

If they don't like calling it Christmas, go ahead and work that day.

Funny...it took until 1870 for it to be recognized...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)