Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Guilt tripped into saying Merry Christmas

Posted by   + Show Post

We can't say Happy Holidays anymore now we are being guilt tripped into saying "Merry Christmas". We can't call it a Holiday Tree, people want to call it a "Christmas" Tree again? All simply because it was stolen from the Pagans to begin with, and now it's offending the christians. If you don't like our "Customs" and it offends you so much then YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER STOLE IT TO BEGIN WITH. They are called customs and we have our traditions. ... BLESSED YULE! HAPPY HOLIDAYS! -)O(-

Actually, I call it a 'Yule Tree" or 'Solstice Tree" but the sentiment remains the same!

Like Christianity is the only religion in this country that has a holiday around the winter solstice? Besides Yule and Winter Solstice and New Year's Day and Christmas, there's the Greek Pagan Heliogena, and the Jewish Hanukkah, and I think the Hindu holiday of Diwali is in November just before Thanksgiving, and depending on the calendar the Muslims might have Idd al-Fitr or the Feast of Sacrifice around the end of the year also, and you have Kwanzaa, and Festivus, and I'm sure this list is incomplete. I think Happy Holidays is appropriate.

by on Nov. 29, 2011 at 3:28 PM
Replies (51-53):
candlegal
by Judy on Nov. 30, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I have seen it in other places

Quoting OneToughMami:

I swear this is the only place I see shit like this. People here say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays interchangeably all the time lol...CafeMom is the only place I see people getting all assed out about it...but I stick by it being a Tannenbaum.

AphroditesCurse
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 8:28 PM
Lmfao Jesus would be proud of you today...omg I think you win the horses ass of the day award

Quoting mommietimes3:

Boo Hoo! No one who is living stole anything from YOU personally so get over it. No one forces you to say anything, do you not celebrate Christmas?Do the people who are saying Merry Christmas know or care that you're pagan? People like you are loud mouthed rude Christian haters.

It's people like you who are trying to force Christians to conform to YOUR way of thinking, you're the minority when it comes to the distaste of the phrase Merry Christmas so crawl back under your pagan rock.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, good Lord.  Why would you allow anyone into guilt tripping you into saying anything?  I'm a Christian and I actually prefer to say Happy Holidays rather than Merry Christmas --  especially out in public, because I know that there are other faiths that observe other celebrations as well. 

Call the ding dang holiday what you want and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN