Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ABORTION Will you read it or continue to turn a blind eye? (Permission given to repost w/o pic)

http://liveaction.org/blog/pro-life-nurse-asked-to-assist-abortion-told-you-just-have-to-catch-the-baby%E2%80%99s-head-don%E2%80%99t-worry-it%E2%80%99s-already-dead/

As we’ve reported, a dozen pro-life nurses in New Jersey are fighting for their right to follow their conscience and not be forced to assist at abortions.

This quote in The Washington Post by one of the nurses stopped me in my tracks when I read it:

One of the nurses, Fe Esperanza R. Vinoya, said a manager told her: “‘You just have to catch the baby’s head. Don’t worry, it’s already dead.’ ”

Can you imagine anything more horrific than being forced to “catch” a dead baby’s head? A baby who only minutes before was alive in its mother’s womb?

Pro-abort writers and bloggers are hysterically (I don’t use the word lightly) attempting to attack these women’s motives.

Here’s just a sample of mockery by Erin Ryan of the feminist blog Jezebel:

“From the way the complaint describes it, you’d think they were being ordered to line babies up and shoot them with a crossbow in front of their children.”

I won’t even repeat some of the other things I’ve seen written about these pro-life nurses.

I think the need by pro-abort writers to hysterically blow this story out of proportion is telling: they have to exaggerate because the actual reality of what these nurses have been asked to do is truly horrifying. No one is talking about shooting babies with crossbows, we are talking about crushing a baby’s skull while the baby is still inside his or her mother and severing it from its tiny body. Pro-lifers demand that all sides simply face the gruesome facts.

For a movement that claims to be for “choice”, pro-aborts absolutely cannot admit that pro-life nurses have a choice not to assist at abortions. But the more important choice facing advocates of abortion is whether or not they will agree to discuss and confront the reality of abortion.

So, stow the crossbows and contemplate the heads of the poor victims of abortion instead.

by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:02 PM
2 moms liked this
The R can also stay out of my medical decisions

Quoting PiscesMommy021:

I was going to post about this exact same thing....OP you may want to use spell check next time....You left the R out of abortion in your title.

Quoting Della529:

ABOTION? 

ABOTION Will you read it or continue to turn a blind eye? (Permission given to repost w/o pic)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Roma on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Quoting Della529:

Totally OT, but...you have a dd named Victoria, too?  Is she the one who loves music?

Quoting romalove:

I'm gonna be honest.  I don't believe the nurse.  From what I know about abortions, there is no "catching" of a head involved.  Furthermore, the vast majority of abortions are performed in the first trimester, very early on.  I had a sonogram at 9 weeks when I was pregnant with Victoria.  Do you know what you see in a sonogram at that point?  A sac.  An attached sac that looks sort of bean shaped.  You can see nothing. 

I have read your article and I even saw the last post with picture.  The sad reality remains, women are sometimes in need of abortion, and if it's not legal and safe they will resort to illegal and unsafe.  The politicization of abortion has presented many good candidates from coming forward to run for office because they don't have the bona fides for the conservative Christians in the Republican party.

This is sad for everyone.

Yes, I have a Victoria Rose, and she's my musician child.  :-)

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:03 PM
6 moms liked this

First off, there is no such thing as "pro abort", to me that is offensive. Second off, if the nurse doesnt want to do that part of the job, why would she chose to work in L&D, maternal? Hospitals dont typically do abortions unless there is something wrong in the pregnancy and it is necesarry to end it. 

This piece is nothing but propaganda for the "anti choice". 

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, there are tons of these outraged articles with nurses describing gory, heartbreaking things.  I don't really believe it, it is a propaganda tool.  

Quoting muslimahpj:

First off, there is no such thing as "pro abort", to me that is offensive. Second off, if the nurse doesnt want to do that part of the job, why would she chose to work in L&D, maternal? Hospitals dont typically do abortions unless there is something wrong in the pregnancy and it is necesarry to end it. 

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:07 PM
3 moms liked this

I have a hard time believing the nurse a) based of what I know about abortion (I have a lot of buds in the medical field) and b) what I know about fetal development. I also know there's things in nursing that you are not always going to agree with. You cannot apply your moral meter to the job. Sometimes you just have to do your job and pray about it after I suppose.

Also on a side note...I don't understand what was wrong with the picture you had posted with the article. Developmentally it was too old and it was definitely not aborted.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I prefer pro-abortion or pro-death

That's what we put on the cakes at the liberal abortion parties

Quoting muslimahpj:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaffedrikke
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:10 PM
Ill get bashed for this but I agree with the prolife nurses.
Della529
by Matlock on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting romalove:

Quoting Della529:

Totally OT, but...you have a dd named Victoria, too?  Is she the one who loves music?

Quoting romalove:

I'm gonna be honest.  I don't believe the nurse.  From what I know about abortions, there is no "catching" of a head involved.  Furthermore, the vast majority of abortions are performed in the first trimester, very early on.  I had a sonogram at 9 weeks when I was pregnant with Victoria.  Do you know what you see in a sonogram at that point?  A sac.  An attached sac that looks sort of bean shaped.  You can see nothing. 

I have read your article and I even saw the last post with picture.  The sad reality remains, women are sometimes in need of abortion, and if it's not legal and safe they will resort to illegal and unsafe.  The politicization of abortion has presented many good candidates from coming forward to run for office because they don't have the bona fides for the conservative Christians in the Republican party.

This is sad for everyone.

Yes, I have a Victoria Rose, and she's my musician child.  :-)

Mine is Faith Victoria, and she is my music lovin' child!  It is a small world, Roma.  I have a cousin with the name Victoria Rose.   Both of those names are popular on my maternal side.

mamaclairbear
by Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:22 PM

If they don't want to be apart of abortions why are they working in a place that does them? As nurses they have many other career paths. Why not work a cardic floor? or home care? No possiblity of abortions in either of those areas.

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Quoting mamaclairbear:

If they don't want to be apart of abortions why are they working in a place that does them? As nurses they have many other career paths. Why not work a cardic floor? or home care? No possiblity of abortions in either of those areas.

Oh you know...they want to deliver babies o.O my gyno told me that is the dumbest reason to ever want to be an OB/GYN or and OB/GYN nurse

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured