Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ABORTION Will you read it or continue to turn a blind eye? (Permission given to repost w/o pic)

http://liveaction.org/blog/pro-life-nurse-asked-to-assist-abortion-told-you-just-have-to-catch-the-baby%E2%80%99s-head-don%E2%80%99t-worry-it%E2%80%99s-already-dead/

As we’ve reported, a dozen pro-life nurses in New Jersey are fighting for their right to follow their conscience and not be forced to assist at abortions.

This quote in The Washington Post by one of the nurses stopped me in my tracks when I read it:

One of the nurses, Fe Esperanza R. Vinoya, said a manager told her: “‘You just have to catch the baby’s head. Don’t worry, it’s already dead.’ ”

Can you imagine anything more horrific than being forced to “catch” a dead baby’s head? A baby who only minutes before was alive in its mother’s womb?

Pro-abort writers and bloggers are hysterically (I don’t use the word lightly) attempting to attack these women’s motives.

Here’s just a sample of mockery by Erin Ryan of the feminist blog Jezebel:

“From the way the complaint describes it, you’d think they were being ordered to line babies up and shoot them with a crossbow in front of their children.”

I won’t even repeat some of the other things I’ve seen written about these pro-life nurses.

I think the need by pro-abort writers to hysterically blow this story out of proportion is telling: they have to exaggerate because the actual reality of what these nurses have been asked to do is truly horrifying. No one is talking about shooting babies with crossbows, we are talking about crushing a baby’s skull while the baby is still inside his or her mother and severing it from its tiny body. Pro-lifers demand that all sides simply face the gruesome facts.

For a movement that claims to be for “choice”, pro-aborts absolutely cannot admit that pro-life nurses have a choice not to assist at abortions. But the more important choice facing advocates of abortion is whether or not they will agree to discuss and confront the reality of abortion.

So, stow the crossbows and contemplate the heads of the poor victims of abortion instead.

by on Dec. 1, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 2:20 AM

It is for nurses, though I don't understand why that would be a stupid reason to be an OB-Gyn.  I do want to catch babies, but not until I'm a midwife and fully trained in that aspect.  I want to help women in labor.  That's why I'm going towards L&D. 

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting mamaclairbear:

If they don't want to be apart of abortions why are they working in a place that does them? As nurses they have many other career paths. Why not work a cardic floor? or home care? No possiblity of abortions in either of those areas.

Oh you know...they want to deliver babies o.O my gyno told me that is the dumbest reason to ever want to be an OB/GYN or and OB/GYN nurse

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 5:04 AM

Well I would imagine it has a lot to do with the fact that OB/GYNs are not just sitting around delivering babies. Some of them never will deliver a baby...

Quoting kailu1835:

It is for nurses, though I don't understand why that would be a stupid reason to be an OB-Gyn.  I do want to catch babies, but not until I'm a midwife and fully trained in that aspect.  I want to help women in labor.  That's why I'm going towards L&D. 

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting mamaclairbear:

If they don't want to be apart of abortions why are they working in a place that does them? As nurses they have many other career paths. Why not work a cardic floor? or home care? No possiblity of abortions in either of those areas.

Oh you know...they want to deliver babies o.O my gyno told me that is the dumbest reason to ever want to be an OB/GYN or and OB/GYN nurse

Lillias
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 5:35 AM

Facts on a medical procedure may be very vivid.  Abortions are a medical procedure.  The decision to get an abortion shouldn't be made in haste.  This procedure can be dangerous as with most medical procedures.  It can have a strong emotional effect on the woman and people who are involved.  If I were to have an abortion I would want to know all the risks whether they be physical and/or emotional.  The facts are not sugar coated in this article but they are not all false.  Each person has the choice to either learn about it or not.  Each woman has the choice to have an abortion or not.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Very true, and that makes a lot of sense :)

Quoting OneToughMami:

Well I would imagine it has a lot to do with the fact that OB/GYNs are not just sitting around delivering babies. Some of them never will deliver a baby...

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting mamaclairbear:

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 12:06 PM

This is so true.  A friend of mine described her daughter's surgery (she was born with one of the suture lines in her skull fused together and her bones were mishapen).  I almost started to feel sick when she was describing what it was they did to fix her skull.  Yikes!

Quoting Lillias:

Facts on a medical procedure may be very vivid.  Abortions are a medical procedure.  The decision to get an abortion shouldn't be made in haste.  This procedure can be dangerous as with most medical procedures.  It can have a strong emotional effect on the woman and people who are involved.  If I were to have an abortion I would want to know all the risks whether they be physical and/or emotional.  The facts are not sugar coated in this article but they are not all false.  Each person has the choice to either learn about it or not.  Each woman has the choice to have an abortion or not.

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 2, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I never really thought about it until she said it. I guess they learn quickly that there's more than delivering babies lol

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting mamaclairbear:

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Yep lol.  That was my original goal, up until I was 15, and decided to be a midwife instead :D  Nursing is my stepping stool.  I need my bachelor's anyway to get my midwifery degree and have birthing rights in a hospital.

Quoting OneToughMami:

I never really thought about it until she said it. I guess they learn quickly that there's more than delivering babies lol

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting mamaclairbear:

tweety101149
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Remind me not to purchase a cake from you.  Pro choice is exactly that.., choice.  the right to choose one way or the other. 

As for these nurses.., they are not forced to do anything they have a moral objection to.  No one forces a nurse to work L/D.  If they just want to deliver babies...work in a birthing center.  

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

I prefer pro-abortion or pro-death

That's what we put on the cakes at the liberal abortion parties

Quoting muslimahpj:

First off, there is no such thing as "pro abort", to me that is offensive. Second off, if the nurse doesnt want to do that part of the job, why would she chose to work in L&D, maternal? Hospitals dont typically do abortions unless there is something wrong in the pregnancy and it is necesarry to end it. 

This piece is nothing but propaganda for the "anti choice". 

butterfly on headlynda  

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2011 at 12:43 PM

If live action told me the sky was blue, I'd look up to check first.

Sorry, not buying it.  Incredibly short on the details, as well.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 2, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Can't take anything seriously that uses the term "pro-abort".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN