Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Story of Your Enslavement

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:38 AM
  • 5 Replies

There is some graphic parts involving animals at the beginning but you can also just listen through it because there is no real need to see the pictures if you so choose.

What are your thoughts on this?

Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.
Louis D. Brandeis
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rfurlongg
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:43 AM
Bump for when I can watch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DangerDarling
by Fabulous on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Bump for sound. If this video is about factory farming, I'm very much against it. The statistics are horrendous. Factory farming is bad for humans, the environment, and animals.

stormcris
by Christy on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:53 AM

It isn't but it sort of puts factory farming in a different frame of mind. I am against factory farming as well.

Quoting DangerDarling:

Bump for sound. If this video is about factory farming, I'm very much against it. The statistics are horrendous. Factory farming is bad for humans, the environment, and animals.

Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.
Louis D. Brandeis
andiemomo3
by Andie on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Bumping for when children are in bed.  I'm also against factory farming of animals.  Not looking forward to seeing graphic pictures.  The first cartoon alone is almost enough to put me off.

miss_lisa
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:20 AM

I listened to the entire video. I peeked at it a couple times but ya... there are some disturbing scenes in it. I generally agree with the man in the video. I have always liked the idea of anarchy (as in a society that needs no government or system because the people will simply choose to take care of one another) however I also realize that anarchy is impossible. It doesn't seem like the man who created this video has realized that, but he will eventually. He'll realize that he's asking for too much, that there are some people who cannot handle living under the circumstances he's proposing. It'd be nice if it could happen, but it's honestly a somewhat naive pov.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)