Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If the colors changed would your perception change? *Spin Off of the Conferderate Flag Post*

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:42 PM
  • 55 Replies

Poll

Question: Do these flags change when the colors change or are the same feelings still present?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 25

View Results

So, Erimar made a reply that made me think of this. I wanted to ask before. I found this question in my art critique manual. I was reading the chapter on meaning. It talks about how if you change certain things that you potentially change the meaning of you entire piece. The book asks "If the colors of the Nazi flag changed, to say hot pink and yellow...would it have the same impact?"

Original

Edited:

Original:

Edited:

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clairebelle
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Nah, not for me.  The colors aren't really an issue; it's the symbol.  In any case, a certain % of people (particularly men) wouldn't be able to tell the difference, due to color blindness.

LovemyQ
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:46 PM

I'll butt my nose in...I do think it changes the meaning. When I see the other colored flags of the swatzika , it is easier to see them as the meaning of peace, which it was initially until Hitler ruined that. With the red, white, and black I can only ever see hatred. I think the confederate flag changes too.

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

The pink and green Confederate flag is pretty snazzy...I edited that well...*blushes*...I actually used this for something else...like I hate to add it so early in the post but....I hope you can read it...it's clearer in person

Sekirei
by Sevrsaxhtharxxa on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:57 PM

^^no..and no to your initial question.

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:00 PM

People voted yes :-( I want explanations guisessssss......

Sekirei please tell me that Saddam at least looks better with those pretty pink hearts and butterflies :-P...um and yeah the intent was to make him look like a big ass joke lol

Sekirei
by Sevrsaxhtharxxa on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:02 PM

bwahahaha.. he looks... sparkly.. lmao

Camey82
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Nope, not for me. Change the color all you want, it's still a reminder of a dark past.

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Quoting Sekirei:

bwahahaha.. he looks... sparkly.. lmao

I wish there was sparkles to be added! Spray on glitter...I don't know how my professors will like that lol

Thomigirl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:24 PM

If onlys and justs were candies and nuts
Then every day would be Ernte Dank Fest.....Just had to do it, LOL!!!

OneToughMami
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:27 PM

I never shared my opinion...I will wait lol...I do hope we discuss this little doozy in class though..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)