• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Miss America is about sex appeal

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM
  • 106 Replies

Yes, I am watching it.  Or more it is watching me.

But I did catch this.  Can't recall which state she represents, she was the last one during the gown part of the show.

She said that Miss America should be sexy as sex appeal is big these days and Miss America is about sex appeal.

No wonder they are strutting around in skimpy bikinis and some pretty sexy dresses.  It's all about that sex appeal.

*sigh*

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:04 AM
4 moms liked this
I HATE Pageants...

All of them.

Just look at how some of those girls answer the questions! Scary!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jllcali
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM
I like seeing the pretty dresses. But not enough to put up with the rest of pageants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XOXOArmyWife
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:06 AM
I don't think it's all about sex appeal however it is a beauty pageant so beauty and personality matters. Something that catches ones eye is a plus so go girls! It's not easy getting in front of a large crowd. They all looked wonderful so I can't bash.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting XOXOArmyWife:

I don't think it's all about sex appeal however it is a beauty pageant so beauty and personality matters. Something that catches ones eye is a plus so go girls! It's not easy getting in front of a large crowd. They all looked wonderful so I can't bash.

Yes, it is a 'beauty' pageant.

It is a shame, in my opinion, that the outside far outweighs anything on the inside. 

I can only imagine the time and energy put in to pageants for these girls that leads them to Miss America.

I just wish more of them were capable of actually showing some intelligence rather than concentrating so much on the outside.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

XOXOArmyWife
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM
I guess that's why theyre on the stage and you are not however. Looks like they're already accomplishing more than you. I doubt they'd be obsessed with your level of intelligence. Chill. You don't know any of them personally. I do know two and they are very intelligent young women with probably more going for themselves than you. I also know a woman who helps coach a few of the southern ladies. She's a very intelligent woman as well whose a wonderful mom and wife also. Don't be so quick to judge. That is a ugly trait. Even if they were all idiots... No ones forcing you to watch the show. It's a hobby for a lot of the. And if it what makes then happy and helps them reach their goals...fabulous. Educate yourself. More. In prelims and pageants most ladies are winning scholarships and acquiring future business deals.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting XOXOArmyWife:

It is a shame, in my opinion, that the outside far outweighs anything on the inside. 

I can only imagine the time and energy put in to pageants for these girls that leads them to Miss America.

I just wish more of them were capable of actually showing some intelligence rather than concentrating so much on the outside.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:18 AM
3 moms liked this
Wow. They have more going for themselves than her? Rude much? All while telling her that judging others is an ugly trait... I guess you would know.

Quoting XOXOArmyWife:

I guess that's why theyre on the stage and you are not however. Looks like they're already accomplishing more than you. I doubt they'd be obsesse with your level of intelligence. Chill. You don't know any of them personally. I do know two and heyday are very intelligent young women with probably more going for themselves than you. I also know a woman who helps coach a few of the southern ladies. She's a very intelligent woman as well whose a wonderful mom and wife also. Don't be so quick to judge. That is a ugly trait. Even if they were all idiots... No ones forcing you to watch the show. It's a hobby for a lot of the. And if it what makes then happy and helps them reach their goals...fabulous. Educate yourself. More. In prelims and pageants most ladies are winning scholarships and acquiring future business deals.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting XOXOArmyWife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XOXOArmyWife
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Most likely they do have more going for themselves than her. She's the one bashing the show. They're on the stage reaching their goals and yes her going on about intelligence is insane when she's not the one in the pageant who knows what goes into them. It's also supposed to be fun and empowering. It's sad people had to bash a pageant. However; I'm allowed to comment on the post if I want. That's what they are sure for. I'm not rude; she stated her opinion and I stated mine. It's not a war. It's a Convo on cafemom. I'm not asking anyone to agree:)

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Wow. They have more going for themselves than her? Rude much? All while telling her that judging others is an ugly trait... I guess you would know.

Quoting XOXOArmyWife:

I guess that's why theyre on the stage and you are not however. Looks like they're already accomplishing more than you. I doubt they'd be obsesse with your level of intelligence. Chill. You don't know any of them personally. I do know two and heyday are very intelligent young women with probably more going for themselves than you. I also know a woman who helps coach a few of the southern ladies. She's a very intelligent woman as well whose a wonderful mom and wife also. Don't be so quick to judge. That is a ugly trait. Even if they were all idiots... No ones forcing you to watch the show. It's a hobby for a lot of the. And if it what makes then happy and helps them reach their goals...fabulous. Educate yourself. More. In prelims and pageants most ladies are winning scholarships and acquiring future business deals.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting XOXOArmyWife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting XOXOArmyWife:

I guess that's why theyre on the stage and you are not however. Looks like they're already accomplishing more than you. I doubt they'd be obsessed with your level of intelligence. Chill. You don't know any of them personally. I do know two and they are very intelligent young women with probably more going for themselves than you. I also know a woman who helps coach a few of the southern ladies. She's a very intelligent woman as well whose a wonderful mom and wife also. Don't be so quick to judge. That is a ugly trait. Even if they were all idiots... No ones forcing you to watch the show. It's a hobby for a lot of the. And if it what makes then happy and helps them reach their goals...fabulous. Educate yourself. More. In prelims and pageants most ladies are winning scholarships and acquiring future business deals.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting XOXOArmyWife:

Hilarious.  Yet a typical response.

You are so uptight and so upset because, according to you, I am judging and bashing them.  Isn't that you just did in your clever post?

Hahahahaha

Or are you upset because you are not one of the sexy ones on that stage?

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Quoting XOXOArmyWife:

Most likely they do have more going for themselves than her. She's the one bashing the show. They're on the stage reaching their goals and yes her going on about intelligence is insane when she's not the one in the pageant who knows what goes into them. It's also supposed to be fun and empowering. It's sad people had to bash a pageant. However; I'm allowed to comment on the post if I want. That's what they are sure for. I'm not rude; she stated her opinion and I stated mine. It's not a war. It's a Convo on cafemom. I'm not asking anyone to agree:)

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Quoting XOXOArmyWife:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting XOXOArmyWife:

Your intelligence is just beaming through.

Thanks for adding even more entertainment this evening. ;)

coffeeyum
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

So

????   Miss America is on at 1:00 a.m.? 

Does that have to do with them already taking on all of too much in life, with everything women have to do, and it's not enough so it's aired or even put on live at .....1:00 A.M.  !!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)