Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your thoughts on Tim Tebow?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM
  • 81 Replies

The whole Tebow is getting a bit much. He is NOT the first football player to say he believes in God. The messiah status people are putting on him is going to explode in everyone's face if he does something that disappoints people....aka act like a human.

Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it.-Albert Einstein
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jehosoba84
by Jenn on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM

agreed

rotPferd
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this

They got their asses handed to them yesterday. It's all gonna die down and go away soon.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Who?

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Here is how I feel about it. God doesn't give a flaming rat's patootie who wins a football game. He has much more important things to worry about. I get annoyed when I hear fellow Christians talking like Tebow wins because God is helping him. I find that whole line of thinking wrong. I found it just as annoying when Ben Roethlisberger (and I think we all know his moral character --or lack thereof) used to put Bible verses on his shoes for a game. It was all a show. If it wasn't, he wouldn't have felt the need to share that ritual with reporters. He wanted to be acknowledged for it.

I also think it's unChristlike for Tebow to make such a showing of his Christianity. It's become a dog and pony show for him, and the Bible speaks very clearly about Christians who make a show of their faith.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

If Teblow were Muslim, you wouldn't be seeing so much support.

Della529
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

45 - 10; Patriots win.  So much for Tebow.

trippyhippy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I think it's annoying and cocky to think that god is there making you win a football game when there are millions of starving children out there.  I think it belittles people's real struggles.

Judith3247
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM
bump!

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting IhartU:

If he were Muslim, he wouldn't be making a "show" of his religion, so no, there likely wouldn't be as much attention or support.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting IhartU:

If he were Muslim, he wouldn't be making a "show" of his religion, so no, there likely wouldn't be as much attention or support.

Yeah... that's true!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)