• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Christians feel entitled. . ."

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM
  • 247 Replies
11 moms liked this

. . . not to equal status, but to greater status." - Jon Stewart

Thoughts?

Sherri

Imagine.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
romalove
by Roma on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe he'll host a telethon?  lol

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:48 PM
5 moms liked this

I can agree that many (not all) christians feel that they should have a greater status in this country.

sadly, those are the chuckleheads that are the most vocal.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:49 PM
15 moms liked this
I think it is sad that Christians some countries are killed for their faith, jailed for praying to God, tortured for refusing to renounce Christ ... and yet American Christians (some) whine like toddlers that it's not fair and they are persecuted if a cross is not allowed to remain on a public water tower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Agree.

Quoting Sekirei:

I can agree that many (not all) christians feel that they should have a greater status in this country.

romalove
by Roma on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:52 PM
7 moms liked this

Quoting Sekirei:

A more serious answer to this is that because they have been a supermajority in America for so long, Christians have had many preferences and perks that have been taken for granted.  Now, as the country becomes more diverse and their supermajority isn't as super as it was, and continues to lessen, others are in great enough numbers to speak up, and Christians are feeling heat because they have to give up some of what they have come to expect.

It isn't persecution, but it isn't comfortable. 

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM
Quoting romalove:

You are correct Roma. As a Christian living in America I can't claim persecution.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:56 PM
10 moms liked this

I don't feel persecuted.

I am not going to assume I know why some others may feel they are.  Well, I could but I fear I may be right. lol

I do, however, feel that if people, on both sides, quit with all the digs and the 'I am better because I believe' and the 'I am better because I don't', this world would be a quieter place. :)

heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I tend to agree for the most part. They've been the majority for a very long time and because of that have gotten many perks over the years. Now that people of other beleifs are coming out of the woodwork and are saying enough is enough, it puts those Christians who feel threatened by other belief systems in an uncomfortable place. 

Stephanie329
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Bwhahaha!

Quoting romalove:

Maybe he'll host a telethon?  lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PurdueMom
by Sherri on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting romalove:

A more serious answer to this is that because they have been a supermajority in America for so long, Christians have had many preferences and perks that have been taken for granted.  Now, as the country becomes more diverse and their supermajority isn't as super as it was, and continues to lessen, others are in great enough numbers to speak up, and Christians are feeling heat because they have to give up some of what they have come to expect.

It isn't persecution, but it isn't comfortable. 

This.

Sherri

Imagine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)