Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Doomsday Preppers

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM
  • 231 Replies

I'm watching this show right now on NatGeo.

Anyone else watching?

It's about people preparing for some type of natural disaster. They prepare with food supplies, weapons, off grid support, etc.

What do you think about people who do this?

Crazy? Or they actually the smart ones?

If money and time we at your disposal, would you be a doomsday prepper?

by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I'm not a doomsday prepper. I think it's a bit crazy, but hey there's nothing wrong with it.

BlueRay
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM
4 moms liked this

We prepare. Not necessarily for doomsday but just in case something goes down. Just because we are Americans and have so far foregone national crisis in our time doesn't mean we will doge the bullet forever. Statistics suggest something will happen one day and we plan on being as prepared as possible.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BlueRay:

We prepare. Not necessarily for doomsday but just in case something goes down. Just because we are Americans and have so far foregone national crisis in our time doesn't mean we will doge the bullet forever. Statistics suggest something will happen one day and we plan on being as prepared as possible.

Completely agree.

missladyvixen1
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I just started  prepper .I dont have guns, or a house in the middle of the woods  that nobody knows about. If I had the money, I would love to. Im not to big on guns, but I know I would need to defend myself. 

All I can say is I want to be the Ant , and not the Grasshopper.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting missladyvixen1:

I just started prepare.I dont have guns, or a house in the middle of the woods  that nobody knows about. 

We have food supplies, bug out packs, and weapons. We don't have a house in the woods, but I would love to have a home off the grid. 

DangerDarling
by Fabulous on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Damn it! I totally wanted to watch that, but I forgot about it.

missladyvixen1
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:46 PM

What do you mean a home off grid?

I was thinking about making one myself. 

Even if it is just my DD and I , I want to make sure she is safe.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting missladyvixen1:

I just started prepare.I dont have guns, or a house in the middle of the woods  that nobody knows about. 

We have food supplies, bug out packs, and weapons. We don't have a house in the woods, but I would love to have a home off the grid. 

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:02 PM

A home off the grid is a place where you can live without any help. A place with solar panels, windmills, etc.

Quoting missladyvixen1:

What do you mean a home off grid?

I was thinking about making one myself. 

Even if it is just my DD and I , I want to make sure she is safe.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting missladyvixen1:

andiemomo3
by Andie on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Oh no! I almost missed it. It just started here.

I'll get back to you . . . .
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I was able to download one of the episodes early from directv and watched it. The people on the show are a bit extreme and some are just crazy. I saw a preview where a guy is preparing for a failure of the electrical grid and I'm curious about that one. It never realized how dependant we are as a society on electricity until the NE blackout that happened 9 years ago I think it was. It took around 3 days to get it back outside of Detroit and we were on the verge of rioting. People were starting to get into fights at the few gas stations that were open and the grocery store shelves were bare.

Tin Hatters
http://www.cafemom.com/group/101527
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN