Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you found out God does exist but he is different in the following ways, how would you feel?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM
  • 43 Replies

Poll

Question: If you found out God does exist but he is different in the following ways, how would you feel? Please see original post.

Options:

I would be happy and prefer this new version of God.

I would not be happy at all, I prefer the God I know now.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

This is mainly for Christians but anyone can answer.

If he does not sit in judgement of each person on Earth, does not send people to hell because there is no hell, and did not write or inspire the bible (men did), how would you feel?

Party Fails - After 12: Announcing PARTY HARDEST - Your One-Stop Party Central!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pansyprincess
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I didn't vote.  I don't believe in god now.  If I found it there was in fact a god, I would be happy knowing that he didn't write the bible, which isn't a very nice book, IMO.  And I'd be glad there wasn't a hell, I suppose.  I'd have quite a few questions for him though ...

JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I find it difficult to answer your poll because I'm already open to this being a possibility.  So, it's hard to say whether I would feel happy or unhappy.  KWIM?

heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm an agnostic, so I will refrain from voting, but even when I was trying to believe in him I always held the belief that he's more concerned about the content of someone's character over how much they worshiped him. 

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

I find it difficult to answer your poll because I'm already open to this being a possibility.  So, it's hard to say whether I would feel happy or unhappy.  KWIM?

What are some reasons why you would prefer a God who sends people to hell?

i.m.r.
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM
I didn't vote because I just can't fathom it... What's the point then? Idk... Lol my atheist brain doesn't like!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jehosoba84
by Jenn on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I voted for the God I know. My reason is...there are soooo many horrible people on this earth, and they seem to make it their job to make everyone else's life miserable. Often, we don't get to see these people get whats coming to them. It's like karma does not apply to them. For this reason, It makes me happy to think there is a hell, and that maybe that person will end up there : )  

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I don't understand how this could even be close, unless you liked the part of God who judges people and sends people to hell.

SarahLizyB
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Even if god was real, I would not follow his ways.
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

What are some reasons why you would prefer a God who sends people to hell?

I only have one reason, really:  I wouldn't like the fact that people like Hitler and that monster that just blew up his kids would have the same fate in the afterlife as Mother Theresa.  The idea of them suffering eternally for their crimes on Earth brings me a little comfort.  That probably doesn't say much positive about me, but it is what it is.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jehosoba84:

I voted for the God I know. My reason is...there are soooo many horrible people on this earth, and they seem to make it their job to make everyone else's life miserable. Often, we don't get to see these people get whats coming to them. It's like karma does not apply to them. For this reason, It makes me happy to think there is a hell, and that maybe that person will end up there : )  

But all they have to do is ask for forgiveness on their death bed to get out of going to hell, so what good does that do?

Also, according to the bible, people who lie, commit adultery, etc., are going to hell right along with mass murderers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)