• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The "Every Sperm is Sacred" Clause....

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:47 PM
  • 20 Replies

Would you like to see this successfully attached to the Personhood Bill?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/02/07/dem-state-senator-appends-every-sperm-is-sacred-clause-to-ok-personhood-bill/

Dem state senator adds ‘Every sperm is sacred’ clause to ‘personhood’ bill

A pro-choice Democratic legislator has taken a novel approach to fighting an Oklahoma “personhood” bill. According to the blog Jezebel, State Senator Constance Johnson of Oklahoma City has introduced a measure that calls to mind the famous Monty Python “Every Sperm is Sacred” sketch from the 1983 film “The Meaning of Life.”

The concept of “personhood” defines human life as beginning at the moment of conception and, in the case of Oklahoma’s pending Senate Bill 1433, says that the resulting fetus “at every stage of development (has) all the rights, privileges, and immunities available to other persons, citizens, and residents of this state.” If Senate Bill 1433 were to become law, all forms of abortion and some forms of contraception would be considered murder and therefore illegal.

Sen. Johnson, who represents Oklahoma’s 48th District has introduced an amendment to the bill mandating that the same rights and benefits be granted to spermatozoa, writing, “However, any action in which a man ejaculates or otherwise deposits semen anywhere but in a woman’s vagina shall be interpreted and construed as an action against an unborn child.”

This would outlaw masturbation by men, anal sex, sex with condoms, all forms of fellatio to completion, as well as numerous other acts. She later withdrew the measure, but stated that she had inserted it to highlight the absurdity and sexism inherent in the current bill.

A second legislator, Democrat Jim Wilsonattempted to introduce an amendmentstating that all men would be responsible for the full support and well-being of any woman carrying their child for the duration of the pregnancy, including housing, food, transportation, and all medical costs. The amendment failed.

A similar bill to Senate Bill 1433 was defeated at the polls in Mississippi in November.

Watch the Monty Python musical number “Every Sperm is Sacred,” embedded via YouTube, below:

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Happymamax2
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Okay. That's awesome! I wonder how the men will feel about losing the right to 'take care of their own needs', or being the recipient of oral sex..... I really appreciate the Democrates making some important statements! This is actually fun!
celeciag
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Lol ridiculous!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thecoffeefairy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM
Sometimes I'm embarrassed to say I live in Oklahoma. At least someone was intelligent enough to point out how absurd that truly is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by Babushka Blockparty on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Hilarious!

Just ask people how one entity physically dependent on an independent being can have equal rights if they occupy the same body, and watch them go... duuurrrr. People just don't think shit through.

slightlyperfect

GoddessNDaRuff
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Funny but if we are going to make women acknowledge how sacred the the males orgasm is and honor it by allowing it to develop in our bodies then I think the bills are perfectly reasonable.

LMAO We all knew those bills would not pass but it's hilarious to comtemplate the possiblities.

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM
It been along time since I seen that clip :) thanks for sharing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Oh FFS. Does this mean they're going to arrest all the horny teens who jack off and "kill" a potential life. *SMDH*

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I absolutely would.

jessilin0113
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Love it. Hey, if it can swim upstream and bang it's head against an egg wall, who are we to say it's not life? If they found it on Mars they sure as hell would call it life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperChicken
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I like this bit.  Not surprised it failed.  We certainly wouldn't want men to be equally responsible for children.  They're just suppposed to tell women what to do.

"A second legislator, Democrat Jim Wilsonattempted to introduce an amendmentstating that all men would be responsible for the full support and well-being of any woman carrying their child for the duration of the pregnancy, including housing, food, transportation, and all medical costs. The amendment failed."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)