Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Facebook Discussion

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM
  • 34 Replies

I'm just curious how many of you women who have children post pictures or talk about your children on facebook? I use facebook to keep in touch with other that I rarely see and also post pictures and keep people updated on our daughter. I have a "friend" who never mentions her son (usually talks about the latest party or her job) and cannot remember the last time she put up a picture of him.

I'm not bashing her for it, I'm just wondering if any of you moms are the same as this gal and whats the reasoning :)

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

For some they just prefer to not put their child's pictures on the internet.  There are some scary people out there that steal other people's kids pictures.  

jllcali
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Quoting Peanutx3:

For some they just prefer to not put their child's pictures on the internet.  There are some scary people out there that steal other people's kids pictures.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by Rissy on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
I post pictures and updates about ds, but the list that can see said pictures and updates is limited.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmmuJSE
by Ammu on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Quoting RissyLee:

I post pictures and updates about ds, but the list that can see said pictures and updates is limited.

o0orange0o
by Melani on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:04 AM
I post about my grands and occasionally about by adult daughter, and I post their pics. My teen has asked me not to post about her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katherine696997
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Quoting Peanutx3:

trulyblessed618
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:05 AM
I post pictures but only my friends can see....when I was pregnant I never mentioned it because it made me nervous...I don't have my address or phone number attached to my account and almost everyone is someone I know.... Not to say they couldn't be crazy but u try to stay positive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alena77
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:07 AM
I dont allow my childs pic on the net...you never know whos looking. And once you post something its out there forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angziety
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I try not to post pics of them, etc. (when I did have FB anyway) but this was before you could decide who could see what.  My husband likes to keep things private too.  We are just private people.  :) 

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Some people are crazed thinking that someone will hunt their child down from the worldwide web and kidnapp them.  I have no idea how that is going to happen unless you are stupid enough to announce your address, kids school and  exact location is but whatever crazy person...I personally brag all about my grandson on facebook. No one knows where he is unless they are family or a close friend. My old friends just say awwee how cute and not one has asked where does he live at or mysteriously popped up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)