Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh No.... Had to share

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM
  • 23 Replies
10 moms liked this

This says it all... There is nothing more to say!!! 

Mommy of 4, a termie and 3 preemies. “You have to have been a Republican to know how good it is to be a Democrat.” ~ Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis 

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Oh, there is always something more to say.  ;)

BUT, is that list REALLY what the opponents of gay marriage "fear"?  Are those truly the reasons they have given?  Or is it really a moral/religious reason for opposing GM?

Never once have I heard any opponents say any of those things. 

yogapantz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:57 AM

romalove
by Roma on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Quoting toomanypoodles:

BUT, is that list REALLY what the opponents of gay marriage "fear"?  Are those truly the reasons they have given?  Or is it really a moral/religious reason for opposing GM?

If there is a moral, non-religious reason for opposing gay marriage, I have never heard it.

If there is a religious reason for opposing gay marriage, that is irrelevant because we aren't supposed to have our laws governing everyone be decided by the religious views of some. 

If there is a logical, non-religious reason to deny people who love each other the ability to legally commit to each other and have the same obligations and benefits as non-gay couples, I have yet to hear it.

That's why it's wrong to keep it status quo.

ThatTXMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM

To those who claim the moral higher ground, I don't think you will be held accountable for the "sins" of others. 

denise3680
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Quoting romalove:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

If there is a moral, non-religious reason for opposing gay marriage, I have never heard it.

If there is a religious reason for opposing gay marriage, that is irrelevant because we aren't supposed to have our laws governing everyone be decided by the religious views of some. 

If there is a logical, non-religious reason to deny people who love each other the ability to legally commit to each other and have the same obligations and benefits as non-gay couples, I have yet to hear it.

That's why it's wrong to keep it status quo.

very well said Roma, I would like to hear a legitimate reason, not having to do with religion, against GM. and because it is icky and gross is not a good enough reason.

LilyofPhilly
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Please do enlighten us, what is the fear, or concern? Why do you oppose legalizing same-sex marriage?

It can't be just because you believe homosexuality is a sin, because Christians aren't out trying to make other "sins" illegal. Out of the ten commandments, only two are included in our civil laws-murder and stealing. 8 others are perfectly legal, in most states. Some still have adultry listed as a crime, although it's rarely enforced. Some places still have "blue laws", but that doesn't force anyone to keep the sabbath "holy". So what is it about this sin, that you feel it needs to be legislated in our civil law? Why do you care what sins other commit? Why only certain sins, and not all?

Quoting toomanypoodles:

heidimoose134
by Momma Moose on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting toomanypoodles:

I hear the claim that people are going to want to start marrying their pets all the time. lol

DemocraticMama
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 3:08 PM

People have talked about Bestiality marriage alot.  

Think Progress:

Yesterday, when Gov. John Baldacci (D) signed a marriage equality law, Maine became the fifth state to allow legal same-sex marriage. On the Christian Broadcasting Network today, Pat Robertson responded by claiming that the "ultimate conclusion" of legalizing same-sex marriage would be the legalization of polygamy, bestiality, child molestation and pedophilia. "You mark my words, this is just the beginning in a long downward slide in relation to all the things that we consider to be abhorrent," said Robertson.

Read the whole story: Think Progress

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/07/pat-robertson-gay-marriag_n_199312.html

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Mommy of 4, a termie and 3 preemies. “You have to have been a Republican to know how good it is to be a Democrat.” ~ Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis 

romalove
by Roma on Feb. 13, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Quoting DemocraticMama:

Think Progress:

Yesterday, when Gov. John Baldacci (D) signed a marriage equality law, Maine became the fifth state to allow legal same-sex marriage. On the Christian Broadcasting Network today, Pat Robertson responded by claiming that the "ultimate conclusion" of legalizing same-sex marriage would be the legalization of polygamy, bestiality, child molestation and pedophilia. "You mark my words, this is just the beginning in a long downward slide in relation to all the things that we consider to be abhorrent," said Robertson.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/07/pat-robertson-gay-marriag_n_199312.html

Quoting toomanypoodles:

I guess some people have trouble understanding what "two consenting adults" means.

Beasts and children don't qualify.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Feb. 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

It is quite a difficult concept:

~ entitled to vote

~ entitled to enter into a valid, legal and binding contract

~ capable of forming the intent to harm, capable of understanding the difference between right and wrong

~ reasonably capable of predicting the long-term consequences of potentially risky behaviours (and indulge, should they so choose: drinking, sexual activity with others of the same status, tobacco use)

Quoting romalove:

Quoting DemocraticMama:

Think Progress:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

I guess some people have trouble understanding what "two consenting adults" means.

Beasts and children don't qualify.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)