Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think he is repenting?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:11 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.” 

John Adams

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
o0orange0o
by Melani on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:13 AM
No, I think he's dead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DemocraticMama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Quoting o0orange0o:

No, I think he's dead.

Mommy of 4, a termie and 3 preemies. “You have to have been a Republican to know how good it is to be a Democrat.” ~ Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis 

sherry132
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I think he's doing flip flops in his grave.

Liz_Rocket
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:18 AM
2 moms liked this

God, you're killing me. I ached the whole time watching the show over the depths of sacrifices made to begin this country and the absolute travesty it's turned into. Surely he repents.

They all do. :( 

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:35 AM

So do I when I look at where we are today.

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

God, you're killing me. I ached the whole time watching the show over the depths of sacrifices made to begin this country and the absolute travesty it's turned into. Surely he repents.

AdrianneHill
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:19 AM
2 moms liked this
He started repenting either during the civil war or the civil rights era. It all depends on if he was a dick. Hell, women's suffrage, black voting, black president, lack of property requirements for voters: any of those things could cause a lot of tooth gnashing for an eighteenth century white guy.

To be honest, I would be much more ashamed of the Mccarthy era or when Dubya started this whole mess than probably whatever you are referring to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Most people today couldn't sacrifice 1/4 of what they did.  Our founding fathers are probably all rolling over in their graves at what is going on today.

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Do I think he is repenting?  No.  I believe God rewards self sacrifice. 

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:32 PM

John Adams deplored slavery and used hired help.  They also took in his wifes parents slaves and employed them and made them pensioners.

Quoting AdrianneHill:

He started repenting either during the civil war or the civil rights era. It all depends on if he was a dick. Hell, women's suffrage, black voting, black president, lack of property requirements for voters: any of those things could cause a lot of tooth gnashing for an eighteenth century white guy.

To be honest, I would be much more ashamed of the Mccarthy era or when Dubya started this whole mess than probably whatever you are referring to.

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:34 PM

And his wife was also very vocal on womens rights, and he was very supportive of and sought her opinion on lots of things.  They were a genuine love story.

Quoting AdrianneHill:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)