Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy Darwin Day

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM
  • 73 Replies
1 mom liked this

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_Kissy_
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM
3 moms liked this

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin

_Kissy_
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

‎"If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin." -Charles Darwin

DivingDiva
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM

_Kissy_
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM

At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace the savage races throughout the world.

romalove
by Roma on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Loving this thread, thank you for posting.  :-)

Geria09
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Boo, hiss, hiss, lol....just kiddin'.  I am a Christian and I see him as a paradox.  I remember watching Creation with married actors Paul Bettany and Jennifer Connelly playing the the lead roles of Mr. Darwin and his wife.  They were both Christians, which didn't surprise me when you think of their passion for knowledge however eschewed it can be.

One thing is very true, he is one of a few men who has influenced the minds of men, women, and children from the grave......unfortunately for the worse.

romalove
by Roma on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Quoting Geria09:

Boo, hiss, hiss, lol....just kiddin'.  I am a Christian and I see him as a paradox.  I remember watching Creation with married actors Paul Bettany and Jennifer Connelly playing the the lead roles of Mr. Darwin and his wife.  They were both Christians, which didn't surprise me when you think of their passion for knowledge however eschewed it can be.

One thing is very true, he is one of a few men who has influenced the minds of men, women, and children from the grave......unfortunately for the worse.

What do you mean he influenced minds for the worse?

krysstizzle
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM
My absolute favorite quote from him!

Quoting _Kissy_:

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrogSalad
by Sooze on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:34 AM

How paramount the future is to the present when one is surrounded by children. Charles Darwin

Factoid:  He was born on the same day/year as A. Lincoln

FrogSalad
by Sooze on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Quoting Geria09:

It's more accurate to say that he was Christian in the early part of his life and became more agnostic over the course of his life.

There's Zoloft, Welbutrin, there's Paxil that's proven, no side effects.  But the rest left unnamed 'cause they worked like a charm on me. (The Answer)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)