Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pop queen Whitney Houston dies at 48 WHAT REALLY HAPPENED ???

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM
  • 28 Replies

LOS ANGELES — Whitney Houston, who ruled as pop music’s queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, erratic behavior and a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown, died Saturday. Whitney Houston was 48. The 48-year-old singer died Saturday on the eve of the Grammy Awards. She had been expected to attend a pre-Grammy gala but was found dead hours before the event. Paramedics attempted to revive Whitney Houston, but were unsuccessful.

Beverly Hills police Lt. Mark Rosen told reporters outside the Beverly Hilton that Whitney Houstonwas pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m. in her room on the fourth floor of the hotel. A coroner’s van left the hotel with Whitney Houston’s body in the early hours of Sunday, NBC News reported.

Pop queen Whitney Houston dies at 48 WHAT REALLY HAPPENED ???

“There were no obvious signs of any criminal intent,” Rosen said.An examination had not been scheduled and that investigators are awaiting reports before an autopsy could be conducted, Capt. Brian Elias of the Los Angeles County coroner’s office told The Associated Press.

Whitney Houston’s publicist, Kristen Foster, said the cause of death was unknown.Rosen said police received a 911 call from hotel security about Whitney Houston at 3:43 p.m. Saturday. Paramedics who were already at the hotel because of a Grammy party unsuccessfully tried to resuscitate the singer, he said.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM

I read she was found under water in the bath tub and prescription pills were found in her room. She probably fell asleep and drowned.

Chris030406
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Drugs claim another one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
activitymode
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM
my guess would be drugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thomigirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM
3 moms liked this

OK, the title says WHAT REALLY HAPPENED...but doesn't say WHAT REALLY HAPPENED???

o0orange0o
by Melani on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Misleading, no?

Quoting Thomigirl:

OK, the title says WHAT REALLY HAPPENED...but doesn't say WHAT REALLY HAPPENED???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SueDNym
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

While the authorities will be able to piece together a timeline of actions, only Whitney knows what was in her heart and mind.  No one living will ever really know "what happened".

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Quoting o0orange0o:

Misleading, no?

Quoting Thomigirl:

Exactly.  Unless you (general) where there you (general) haven't a clue as to what really happened.  

I think we all pretty much know what lead up to the end of her life, far too soon.  It is no secret her struggles with drugs and alcohol.   To state 'what really happened' is ridiculous and indeed misleading.

I took 2nd place, back in 85ish, roller skating to 'I wanna dance with somebody'.  I have many fond memories that involve her music.

She was less than a year older than I am.  It is sad that she made such choices in life that brought her to such an early death.

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." ~ Maya Angelou

tooptimistic
by Kelly on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Quoting owl0210:

I read she was found under water in the bath tub and prescription pills were found in her room. She probably fell asleep and drowned.

I read that too..

Whitney Houston Dies: Prescription Pill Bottles Found in Hotel Room

pvtjokerus
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I guess u are referring to an "accidental OD" vs an OD?

Quoting SueDNym:

While the authorities will be able to piece together a timeline of actions, only Whitney knows what was in her heart and mind.  No one living will ever really know "what happened".

rocketracer
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM

What really happened?  As if there is any question.....drug abuse either prescription or otherwise...just doesn't have a good outcome....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)