Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

“He would rape me and then say this is what God’s love feels lik Smith said. Priests sent off to facilities w/o ever alerting police

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:09 PM
  • 12 Replies

200 priests suspected of abuse living in California, victims' lawyer says

Some 200 Catholic priests suspected of sexual abuse are living undetected in communities across California, according to an attorney who represents hundreds of plaintiffs who sued the LA Archdiocese alleging molestation they say was inflicted on them by priests and clergy of the church.

Ray Boucher has mapped 60 locations where suspect priests live, in cities and towns from northern to southern California, and provided those locations to NBC4 exclusively.

“Many if not all these priests have admitted to sexual abuse,” Boucher said. “They live within a mile of 1,500 playgrounds, schools and daycare centers.”

Since none of the priests has actually been convicted of sex abuse, none can be identified under Megan’s Law, or their whereabouts revealed in related public databases.

“What the issue is here, is how you weigh the right of the people,” said Boucher, who is also one of the attorneys representing students in the Miramonte Elementary School sex abuse scandal. “In particular the right of children to be protected from molestation versus the right of privacy."

'Public is often too squeamish'
Among Boucher’s many clients in the church action are Manuel Vega and Dan Smith.

Vega is a former police officer from Oxnard who took special interest in sex crimes investigations because, he says, he was sexually abused as a teenager by his parish priest.

“He forced me to masturbate while he took pictures of me,” said Vega, who believes that the public is often too squeamish to recognize what child molestation actually entails – and thus not properly outraged by it.

“When we talk about sexual abuse we’re talking about sodomy,” he said. “There’s pubic hair, there’s sweat, there’re smells, there’re grunts.”

Dan Smith, another alleged abuse victim, is reeling from the recent collapse of his marriage which he blames in part on the psychological effects of the molestation he says he suffered as a child – at the hands of his local parish priest.

“He would rape me and then say this is what God’s love feels like,” Smith said, struggling to hold back tears more than twenty years after the alleged incidents.

Read morehttp://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/12/10386205-200-priests-suspected-of-abuse-living-in-california-victims-lawyer-says

It seems and feels like all Republics turn to empires.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GLWerth
by Gina on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Why is anyone even following that church anymore?

I'm sorry, but hiding child molesters is NOT OK, even if you are a huge religious organization.

(Edited: punctuation error)

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Another example of how this religious institution feels they are ABOVE the law...

I'm sorry, I do NOT get how ANYONE can support the church any longer (*catholic) this was a directive from the top....

My poor Aunt is still a faithful catholic, but this has really shaken her...

Click for The Walking Dead Forum :

Thomigirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't even read the damn article.  The title turned my fucking stomach.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Honestly, at this point, I find it so hard to comprehend how any one can be proud of the Catholic Church.  It seems more than obvious what the Church stands for and it certainly is not God.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I should have read the replies above and just agreed. 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I will say this now...........my youngest daughter, who is 12, will never have anything to do with a Catholic Church up until I can no longer make that decision for her.  I will continue to be vocal about what this Church does and how it covers up and covers for these men.  

How the Pope can sleep at night baffles me.

GLWerth
by Gina on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I will say this now...........my youngest daughter, who is 12, will never have anything to do with a Catholic Church up until I can no longer make that decision for her.  I will continue to be vocal about what this Church does and how it covers up and covers for these men.  

How the Pope can sleep at night baffles me.

The current pope was in the Hitler Youth, so I guess he probably sleeps just fine at night, under very expensive sheets.

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM

smh

jllcali
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Too bad Dexter is a fictional character.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairymaid23
by Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Wats sad is the church isnt the only organization to protect these sick fucks! The boy scouts does the same thing. Sad sad
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)