Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Michele Bachmann: Howard Stern 'Is Not A Serious Person'

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM
  • 15 Replies

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) hit back at radio host Howard Stern after he called her "the worst person in the world."

Stern actually called Bachmann one of the "worst two people on the planet" while criticizing the former Republican presidential hopeful and current GOP candidate Rick Santorum for their views on gay rights. Bachmann and Santorum have both been outspoken on their opposition to same-sex marriage,rallying against it in Republican debates and signinganti-gay marriage pledges.

Bachmann sent an email to supporters Saturday blasting Stern for his "years of corrupting America's youth" and negative message:

Earlier this week, notorious shock jock Howard Stern called me "the worst person in the world" during his daily radio show.

To conservatives, this message from Howard Stern, a man whose only contribution to our culture was years of corrupting America's youth on public airwaves, was clear: "either abandon your beliefs and agree with me, or be dragged through the mud and demonized on national radio." I don't accept this false choice, and I know you don't either.

While Stern can say anything he wants on satellite radio, his words have an impact on his millions of listeners as well as the people his listeners talk to, which is why I need your help to counteract with our positive message. We must fight back and maintain our focus on what is important.

Michelle's letter....

These are serious times, and our nation faces serious issues. The direction that America is headed requires serious discussion by serious people, and Howard Stern is not a serious person. We cannot allow attacks from him or anybody else to distract us from a laser focus on what is truly important: holding President Obama and his Democratic allies accountable for their mortgaging of our future. I know you share my determination and, with your help, our message of prosperity for our nation's future will drown out the noise of their attacks.

I LOVE Howard Stern!!! What do you ladies think of him?

Mommy of 4, a termie and 3 preemies. “You have to have been a Republican to know how good it is to be a Democrat.” ~ Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis 

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GLWerth
by Gina on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Yeah, so he's not a serious person, Ms. Bachmann....you know what? Neither are you!!!

At least Mr. Stern is funny sometimes. I don't generally like him that much, but he isn't to my taste, but he has said some interesting things over the years as well as some extremely tasteless things.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Meh, I think he is pretty sexist and really kind of exploitive and not to my taste.  That being said, I would trust anything that comes out of his mouth more than something Bachmann says.

Iconoclast
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Sometimes I love Howard sometimes I wish his mouth was taped shut.  I don't like Michelle Bachman so I am glad that he got the pins to her.  I am surprised that she believes that her message is positive and yet Howard's thoughts and messages are not.  I thought that she would be fist pumping and cheering Howard on since she also drags people through the mud and demonizes people and the fact that they have love for another.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I have never liked Howard Stern.

He hasn't really ever offered anything I found to be so appealing.

Neither has MB.

teri4lance
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I really just wish that all the people with whom I agree with in fiscal matters weren't such assholes about gays and womens rights. I'd like very much to get out if this money hole we are in and i hate the idea that we have to abandon so much freedom to get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rubberbiscuit
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Well, Michele Bachmann is not a serious person.  She's always saying stuff that leaves you with your mouth agape, wondering how someone with an education can be so uneducated. 

I'm not a Howard Stern fan, but to each his own.  My husband loves him.

Sekirei
by Sevrsaxhtharxxa on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

way to state the obvious Michelle....smh

DemocraticMama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Let me rephrase my thoughts.  I love that Howard Stern got Bachmann.  But I do find a lot of what he says offensive.  My DH thinks he is wonderful.  I have enjoyed some of his interviews. 

Mommy of 4, a termie and 3 preemies. “You have to have been a Republican to know how good it is to be a Democrat.” ~ Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis 

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM
2 moms liked this
2 people I couldn't care less about

At least one knows he's for entertainment
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jllcali
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Is it even possible for anyone to take a picture of Michelle bachmann that she doesn't look bat shit crazy in?

I've never listen to Howard stern's show, so I have no opinion of him. I'm aware of his reputation as a no holds barred potty mouth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)