Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

food stamps wic and other forms of pa

Posted by   + Show Post

with all the concern on here about trying to govern the activities of those on pa i think i came up with an idea. if you cant afford everything on your own heres what you should be allowed and not allowed to do.

no pets.

dont ever go out to eat to the movies or any other form of entertainment.

only the essential and most basic of foods. no internet of computers.

no cable or tv even.

if you have any of these and are on pa get rid of them.

you dont need new clothes there are places you can go that they will give you free second hand clothes you can even get underwear.

housing should consist of only enoug roomm for a bedroom for parents and one each for each gender of children you have and only one bathroom.

only buy the cheapest toiletries you can find and the cheapest houshold supplies available.

and although you now have absolutly nothing to do but go to work keep house and raise your kids dont have sex either that might inadvetantly lead to another child.

dont spend money on anything other than food essential bills and medical care.

you might lower your water bill by only flushing after a #2 and sharing bathwater.

you could keep your light bill down by only being awake during daylight hours.

only own one car per family unless you live in an area where there is access to public transportation then you dont need one.

or we could always make those who are on pa live in shelter situations so that every penny they make can be used to get off pa and we can monitor their every breath

does this sound llike a stupid invasion of privacy?

does anybody have the right to tell others to live like this?

what would happen to these people on pa if they were forces to live like this?

I bring this up because some people feel that they have the right to regulate the lives of those on pa. I understand that there are those that abuse the system and there always will be. but those who are responsible and use their pa the way it is intended greatly outnumber those who dont. you dont see those people because they vall attention to themselves.

SO STOP TREATING ALL OF US WHO NEED A LITTLE EXTRA HELP TO GET BY LIKE WELFARE BUMS! WITH THE CURRENT STATE OF THE ECONOMY YOU COULD EASILY BE ONE OF US ANYTIME!

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Replies (71-80):
Liz_Rocket
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 1:11 AM

What resturants accept food stamps? 

Quoting helema24:

lol girl i was bou tto rip into you till i got to the end!! the house and vehicles we have are in his brothers name cause he bought them and my husband tries to work them off when there is work. we need internet to communicate and godforbid we use them to help with bills and find a job. and i hate it when people look at us at a resteraunt or hear we went to one and scoff... they do know we can eat at certain places that will use food stamps for the food right? also if ous SOs want to take us out one night or day outta the month to eat is that a crime? fo rthose that can afford to eat out everyday and have everything in their names and dont have to wait for their BIL to come pay for something to get fixed which can take days....id like to trade lives with them. even just for a day so they see what its like to have to buy the non brand food in bulk and hear their kids complain about noodles again or rice again when other kids get other things....heck id LOVE to be able to buy the brand name foods and fresh produce in a quantity that could choke a cow...just so i can throw half of it out....but hey they will never understand! they are snobish and accuse us of mooching off of them when we PAY our taxes when we can and are charged more than some of them on the slider scale they use for tax dues.....ill just sit here and eat my popcorn while they fall on their arses and need help too!! popcorn

Not_A_Native
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2012 at 10:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

Quoting helema24:

lol girl i was bou tto rip into you till i got to the end!! the house and vehicles we have are in his brothers name cause he bought them and my husband tries to work them off when there is work. we need internet to communicate and godforbid we use them to help with bills and find a job. and i hate it when people look at us at a resteraunt or hear we went to one and scoff... they do know we can eat at certain places that will use food stamps for the food right? also if ous SOs want to take us out one night or day outta the month to eat is that a crime? fo rthose that can afford to eat out everyday and have everything in their names and dont have to wait for their BIL to come pay for something to get fixed which can take days....id like to trade lives with them. even just for a day so they see what its like to have to buy the non brand food in bulk and hear their kids complain about noodles again or rice again when other kids get other things....heck id LOVE to be able to buy the brand name foods and fresh produce in a quantity that could choke a cow...just so i can throw half of it out....but hey they will never understand! they are snobish and accuse us of mooching off of them when we PAY our taxes when we can and are charged more than some of them on the slider scale they use for tax dues.....ill just sit here and eat my popcorn while they fall on their arses and need help too!! popcorn

I was wondering that too.  Also, just because you're going to college, why wouldn't you work as well?  I'm asking that honestly, not to be snarky - most everyone I know worked while attending college.

Liz_Rocket
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 10:43 AM
3 moms liked this

My SO and I haven't been out to eat since our anniversary two years ago because we cant afford it.  We understand that going out is a luxury, not a civil right. Nice to know you have a house and cars that aren't in your name to give you access to more PA than you would get otherwise. Also nice to know that PA can be blown in restaurants, although I'm still waiting for you to tell me which ones and under what auspices.

You seem to believe there's a huge class division between those on PA and those who aren't. People who aren't on PA don't  "go out every night, buy name brand food or never feed their kids ramen noodles every day.''  Most of the women you've met in his group are the 99%. We do all the things you do to scrape by, the only difference is we don't go out alot because we don't have food stamps to pay for it. 

Quoting helema24:

1Giovanni
by Becca on Feb. 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I have been on both ends and still will never bitch about the less fortunate. Not everyone that pays taxes bitch about helping others. Most people I know bitch about the real important things. We try to figure out how to help these people, instead of bitching. Bitching does nothing except turn people in bitches.

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

I don't think anyone on here is treating anyone like bums. People who aren't on PA have a vested interest in those who are because, well, they're paying for it. I don't think it's uncalled for to expect minimal personal financial responsibility in regards to what PA is spent on. 

Stop treating those who pay for PA like assholes. If the economy gets better, you could be one of us. Then you'll see what everyone's bitching about.

Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 10:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Until one walks a mile in another's shoes........

Yes, there is fraud. However, I've learned here on CM, that "fraud" has various definitions depending on who is finger-pointing.

Many people today and due to the sluggish job market/economy are working AND receiving benefits. Thus, they are also paying into the welfare program.

I think the best any of us can do is not judge another without facts of their lives to support the judgement. If there is a definite case of welfare fraud, turn them in.

helema24
by Member on Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:22 AM

there are small private owned or run resteraunts (some are chains run individually so policies vary from place to place) that are attached to grocery stores. they will charge you for the cost of the food that you eat or the cost of the menu price withou tthe taxes. they can legally do this so long as they pay the taxes on the food they cook!

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

Quoting helema24:

CafeMom Tickers
XalapaMom4
by Member on Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM
So what those people on FB dnt have the right to go out and eat or buy new clothes? Are you kidding me. My husband works from 5am to 9pm we hardy see him and we dnt have nice things but the things we do have he has woked his butt off. I can understand there are people who miss use their PA but not all, I get PA and i dont buy junk we save it and we buy fruits n veggies at the flea market that way we save even more. I hope you have your perfect life but not all of us do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GravyRule
by Member on Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM
3 moms liked this

As soon as the words "entitled" and "deserve" come into a sentence when someone is talking about themselves being on PA, all I hear is blah blah blah.

I work 2 jobs, my husband is a full time college student who also works between his schooling, driving 2 1/2 hours each way to work. 

I deserve a Ribeye steak, cable television and to take my kids out once a week.  Do you people hear yourselves and how that sounds?  It's an invitation to be judged, imo.

We aren't entitled to anything, not even PA or a job. 

PA is a TEMPORARY supplement.  3 years is NOT a temporary situation.  Going to college is not an excuse not to work and collect.

*smh No wonder kids today have the attitudes.  It's just gross!

helema24
by Member on Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

where did you get that i go ou talot? there are times where i am stuck at the house for a month or more and unable to go places. and the things we have in my BILs name are no tto get more stamps but because we believe its better to leave them in hi sname until we pay them off. and i have seen families with more assets than we have getting more PA than we do. And thos eresteraunts are attached to privately run grocery stores and they tend to charge for the foo donly and not the taxes. I was mentioning the people that DO go out all the time and then scoff at those of us that cant afford to. last time i had a night out with my husband alone was when my daughter was 2 and we could afford to go out. thats 5 years ago! I was actually talking about the snobs that want to regulate our lives but spend all their money on things they dont need when they may need that money in the near future!

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

My SO and I haven't been out to eat since our anniversary two years ago because we cant afford it.  We understand that going out is a luxury, not a civil right. Nice to know you have a house and cars that aren't in your name to give you access to more PA than you would get otherwise. Also nice to know that PA can be blown in restaurants, although I'm still waiting for you to tell me which ones and under what auspices.

You seem to believe there's a huge class division between those on PA and those who aren't. People who aren't on PA don't  "go out every night, buy name brand food or never feed their kids ramen noodles every day.''  Most of the women you've met in his group are the 99%. We do all the things you do to scrape by, the only difference is we don't go out alot because we don't have food stamps to pay for it. 

Quoting helema24:

CafeMom Tickers
Tanya93
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM
3 moms liked this

why is it okay to judge people who have money but wrong to judge people who don't?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN