Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

food stamps wic and other forms of pa

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM
  • 639 Replies
20 moms liked this

with all the concern on here about trying to govern the activities of those on pa i think i came up with an idea. if you cant afford everything on your own heres what you should be allowed and not allowed to do.

no pets.

dont ever go out to eat to the movies or any other form of entertainment.

only the essential and most basic of foods. no internet of computers.

no cable or tv even.

if you have any of these and are on pa get rid of them.

you dont need new clothes there are places you can go that they will give you free second hand clothes you can even get underwear.

housing should consist of only enoug roomm for a bedroom for parents and one each for each gender of children you have and only one bathroom.

only buy the cheapest toiletries you can find and the cheapest houshold supplies available.

and although you now have absolutly nothing to do but go to work keep house and raise your kids dont have sex either that might inadvetantly lead to another child.

dont spend money on anything other than food essential bills and medical care.

you might lower your water bill by only flushing after a #2 and sharing bathwater.

you could keep your light bill down by only being awake during daylight hours.

only own one car per family unless you live in an area where there is access to public transportation then you dont need one.

or we could always make those who are on pa live in shelter situations so that every penny they make can be used to get off pa and we can monitor their every breath

does this sound llike a stupid invasion of privacy?

does anybody have the right to tell others to live like this?

what would happen to these people on pa if they were forces to live like this?

I bring this up because some people feel that they have the right to regulate the lives of those on pa. I understand that there are those that abuse the system and there always will be. but those who are responsible and use their pa the way it is intended greatly outnumber those who dont. you dont see those people because they vall attention to themselves.

SO STOP TREATING ALL OF US WHO NEED A LITTLE EXTRA HELP TO GET BY LIKE WELFARE BUMS! WITH THE CURRENT STATE OF THE ECONOMY YOU COULD EASILY BE ONE OF US ANYTIME!

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM
5 moms liked this
I myself get upset with the abusers & frauders. I do believe they are ALOT more of them then most ppl believe. Alot of what you mentioned in your post could be cut down or just not have. For example, there's ppl that save & dont have internet or cable. Also some ppl have only 1 car. All without being on PA. I think thats why ppl get upset with & the fact ALOT arent even looking for a job. Thats what upsets me the most. When I hear ppl not even looking, like my niece.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liz_Rocket
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:10 AM
15 moms liked this

I don't think anyone on here is treating anyone like bums. People who aren't on PA have a vested interest in those who are because, well, they're paying for it. I don't think it's uncalled for to expect minimal personal financial responsibility in regards to what PA is spent on. 

Stop treating those who pay for PA like assholes. If the economy gets better, you could be one of us. Then you'll see what everyone's bitching about.

opinionatedmom
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

you might lower your water bill by only flushing after a #2 and sharing bathwater. 

only own one car per family unless you live in an area where there is access to public transportation then you dont need one.

or we could always make those who are on pa live in shelter situations so that every penny they make can be used to get off pa and we can monitor their every breath

These are the only ones I don't do and I am not on pa

lillsmom09
by Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:12 AM
3 moms liked this
I can't stand the abusers. There are more than what the the governments reports because those are just the ones that have been caught. I think I have to get my butt up in the morning for my two jobs then a lot more people can to. And I only have one car and no TV/cable.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I myself get upset with the abusers & frauders. I do believe they are ALOT more of them then most ppl believe. Alot of what you mentioned in your post could be cut down or just not have. For example, there's ppl that save & dont have internet or cable. Also some ppl have only 1 car. All without being on PA. I think thats why ppl get upset with & the fact ALOT arent even looking for a job. Thats what upsets me the most. When I hear ppl not even looking, like my niece.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mels712
by Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM
4 moms liked this

I have been one of those paying for the pa and I do know that there are people who abuse the system but if you advocate for the right to control the lives of others where does it stop? do you have the right to tell someone on pa that they cant have sex cause they might have another kid? do you reallu have the right to tell people what they can eat? im all for simplifying and cutting back where you can but if take the right to tell others how to live where does it end? will you go to the point of telling people how to raise their kids? how to dress them? Maybe if your on pa the state should just take your kids and give them to someone else and let you starve. my point if what if it were you? what if you suddenly found yourself without work and no way to pay your bills or feed your kids and you had to swallow your pride and ask for help? would you want the world in your business telling you what to do? no because you know that 1you dont want everyone knowing that you have reached that point and 2you would do everything in your power to get out of that situation. 

besides how much do you really think you pay in taxes for the people on pa? did you know that less than 10% of the money the government takes for welfare actually goes to what we know as welfare? the rest goes to fance forms of welfare that ends up going to major corporations? this has been a lecture topic in several of my psych and soc classes. so if uou want to complain about paying for welfare and how its spent take a look at how these major corporations play with your money. but i know its easier for you to blame the poor people that you can actually see and would never want to be. you wont blame the rich because the idea is too abstract and you secretly hold out hope that you might be one of them someday.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM
2 moms liked this
My niece use to say she couldnt afford clothes for her six kids. I suggested a nice thrift store. I buy all my clothes & shoes there. She said she never found anything nice?? She's on PA. What I cant understand is there's moms on PA yet they dont look for work. Why & how do they get away with that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mels712
by Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

so you live without any snacks or a sex life?

mels712
by Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:47 AM

im not saying that she should get away with it but how does she live? welfare is so very minimal how does she pay any bills? I think it is a matter of poor parrenting. and there should requirements about looking for work or attending classes to better yourself. welfare should not be a way of life only a helping hand. but invasion of the privacy of good honest people is not the answer. I buy most of my clothes and kids clothes at second hand shops and that is a financial desicion not something anyone has the right to tell me to do

LindaClement
by Linda on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM
3 moms liked this

I know lots of people who live according to your rules, because that's how they live on the incomes available to them.

Some people are too proud to accept 'help' in any form.

Liz_Rocket
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mels712:

I have been one of those paying for the pa and I do know that there are people who abuse the system but if you advocate for the right to control the lives of others where does it stop? do you have the right to tell someone on pa that they cant have sex cause they might have another kid? do you reallu have the right to tell people what they can eat? im all for simplifying and cutting back where you can but if take the right to tell others how to live where does it end? will you go to the point of telling people how to raise their kids? how to dress them? Maybe if your on pa the state should just take your kids and give them to someone else and let you starve. my point if what if it were you? what if you suddenly found yourself without work and no way to pay your bills or feed your kids and you had to swallow your pride and ask for help? would you want the world in your business telling you what to do? no because you know that 1you dont want everyone knowing that you have reached that point and 2you would do everything in your power to get out of that situation. 

besides how much do you really think you pay in taxes for the people on pa? did you know that less than 10% of the money the government takes for welfare actually goes to what we know as welfare? the rest goes to fance forms of welfare that ends up going to major corporations? this has been a lecture topic in several of my psych and soc classes. so if uou want to complain about paying for welfare and how its spent take a look at how these major corporations play with your money. but i know its easier for you to blame the poor people that you can actually see and would never want to be. you wont blame the rich because the idea is too abstract and you secretly hold out hope that you might be one of them someday.

Specifically who in this group has advocated for the right to control the lives of others? I think you're being a bit sensationalist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured