Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

food stamps wic and other forms of pa

Posted by   + Show Post

with all the concern on here about trying to govern the activities of those on pa i think i came up with an idea. if you cant afford everything on your own heres what you should be allowed and not allowed to do.

no pets.

dont ever go out to eat to the movies or any other form of entertainment.

only the essential and most basic of foods. no internet of computers.

no cable or tv even.

if you have any of these and are on pa get rid of them.

you dont need new clothes there are places you can go that they will give you free second hand clothes you can even get underwear.

housing should consist of only enoug roomm for a bedroom for parents and one each for each gender of children you have and only one bathroom.

only buy the cheapest toiletries you can find and the cheapest houshold supplies available.

and although you now have absolutly nothing to do but go to work keep house and raise your kids dont have sex either that might inadvetantly lead to another child.

dont spend money on anything other than food essential bills and medical care.

you might lower your water bill by only flushing after a #2 and sharing bathwater.

you could keep your light bill down by only being awake during daylight hours.

only own one car per family unless you live in an area where there is access to public transportation then you dont need one.

or we could always make those who are on pa live in shelter situations so that every penny they make can be used to get off pa and we can monitor their every breath

does this sound llike a stupid invasion of privacy?

does anybody have the right to tell others to live like this?

what would happen to these people on pa if they were forces to live like this?

I bring this up because some people feel that they have the right to regulate the lives of those on pa. I understand that there are those that abuse the system and there always will be. but those who are responsible and use their pa the way it is intended greatly outnumber those who dont. you dont see those people because they vall attention to themselves.

SO STOP TREATING ALL OF US WHO NEED A LITTLE EXTRA HELP TO GET BY LIKE WELFARE BUMS! WITH THE CURRENT STATE OF THE ECONOMY YOU COULD EASILY BE ONE OF US ANYTIME!

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Replies (241-250):
moneysaver6
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Care for any special needs kids is expensive. Thankfully, though, I didn't need to worry about child care while in college. I chose to wait until I was married before I started having sex & thus children...& that after I finished college.

Quoting mels712:

because I have an autistic child. if you think child care is expensive try paying for evening care for an autistic child

Quoting moneysaver6:

Excellent question!  I worked full-time while going to college because I had no choice BUT to do that.  If I didn't work, I didn't eat. 

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I was wondering that too.  Also, just because you're going to college,
why wouldn't you work as well?  I'm asking that honestly, not to be
snarky - most everyone I know worked while attending college.

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

What resturants accept food stamps? 

Quoting helema24:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mels712
by Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM

as ive said before i was married 15yrs. then was faced with no choice but to return to school when I got divorced. thus both my children were born in and of my marriage. so the special needs child already existed when my financial life went to hell

Quoting moneysaver6:

Care for any special needs kids is expensive. Thankfully, though, I didn't need to worry about child care while in college. I chose to wait until I was married before I started having sex & thus children...& that after I finished college.

Quoting mels712:

because I have an autistic child. if you think child care is expensive try paying for evening care for an autistic child

Quoting moneysaver6:

Excellent question!  I worked full-time while going to college because I had no choice BUT to do that.  If I didn't work, I didn't eat. 

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I was wondering that too.  Also, just because you're going to college,
why wouldn't you work as well?  I'm asking that honestly, not to be
snarky - most everyone I know worked while attending college.

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

What resturants accept food stamps? 

Quoting helema24:

WilsMom2006
by Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

That's the boat I'm in . . . and I've heard this from A LOT of other women too. The mothers had to go on public assistance after our abusive husbands sucked us dry in the bank accounts, were not responsible financially - and blamed the financial problem on their victims (us!) I am so SICK of people who have never had the misfortune of having to jump through hoops to set up some kind of assistance with the government - and that's exactly what it is - JUMPING THROUGH HOOPS! They monitor your earnings, they monitor whether you are attending your college classes, and they can see exactly what you are purchasing with your cards - they even have access to your bank account information.... and adjustments are made according to those numbers.

Anyone who has a problem with how the government is running things should write their state representatives, senators and congress people - and then get to the polls and vote.

This is not a slam on the person I'm quoting -- I've just kind of went off on a rant.

Quoting mels712:

everyone wants to keep harping on how terrible it is that people sometimes have to go on pa to get by but noone wants to answer the question I posed. Should I have stayed with a man who was an abusive husband and father just to have stayed off pa?

Tanya93
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 6:42 PM

So please explain to me in what you have learned in your classes, why the people who earn 30-40% of the money in this country do not pay any taxes.   I mean, you learned that in your class from your book.  How on earth do these people not pay anything in taxes, even with capital gains at 15%?

Quoting mels712:

perhaps but when attempting to give me facts you give me a .com website which anyone can put up as oppossed to a .gov or .edu and you cant expect me to keep track of the name of every textbook I use. im just glad to be finishe with one and start another. cause thats one step closer to being who ans what i want to be. your approval is not nor will it ever be needed

Quoting Tanya93:

ah yes, lovely.   You can't actually name textbook when confronted with facts.

mels712
by Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

because they are too freakin broke and their income is not enough. although I worked some last year and did pay  taxes even though I didnt even make ennough to have to file. if large companies would bring our work back from other companies we would all have work an you wouldnt have anyone to complain about

Quoting Tanya93:

So please explain to me in what you have learned in your classes, why the people who earn 30-40% of the money in this country do not pay any taxes.   I mean, you learned that in your class from your book.  How on earth do these people not pay anything in taxes, even with capital gains at 15%?

Quoting mels712:

perhaps but when attempting to give me facts you give me a .com website which anyone can put up as oppossed to a .gov or .edu and you cant expect me to keep track of the name of every textbook I use. im just glad to be finishe with one and start another. cause thats one step closer to being who ans what i want to be. your approval is not nor will it ever be needed

Quoting Tanya93:

Tanya93
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM

That makes no sense.

How do people earning in the 1% not pay any taxes?

Quoting mels712:

because they are too freakin broke and their income is not enough. although I worked some last year and did pay  taxes even though I didnt even make ennough to have to file. if large companies would bring our work back from other companies we would all have work an you wouldnt have anyone to complain about

Quoting Tanya93:

Quoting mels712:

Quoting Tanya93:

radioheid
by Libertarian on Feb. 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I are currently earning a tick over $50,000 a year, and we receive no assistance.

- We have only one car.

- We don't have cable tv, and our only source of internet is free WiFi.

- We don't have iPhones or Droids. We use the $30/month "All You Need" plan through StraightTalk.

- We coupon, buy on sale and clearance, cut hair at home, do our own oil changes, and buy from thrift stores.

- We do not have credit cards.

- We brew up our own coffee at home, rather than buying it ready-made from a shop.

- We rarely eat at restaurants. Most of our meals are prepared at home, and a large percentage of them are from scratch.

We're arguably middle-class, yet we are frugal. I see no point in being stupid with money, especially when you make so little that you need others paying for your groceries, utilities, rent and healthcare. No one *needs* an expensive phone, cable tv, trips to the movies, fast food, junk food or designer clothes & shoes, so frankly, I don't feel sorry for people who bitch about "hard times" and have these things. Maybe if they weren't such selfish idiots, they wouldn't have "hard times".

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Feb. 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I wonder if they taste as good?

Quoting moneysaver6:

You can make them from scratch!  (I've never done it.  I just saw it on Pinterest the other day.)

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

I'm not sure I could live without my twinkies. Just sayin.
Quoting mels712:

so you live without any snacks or a sex life?

amgillis88
by Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Well good for them. I don't have to, so I don't.

Quoting Tanya93:

and yet many, many women do it.....

Tanya93
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Of course not.   You expect other people to support you and pay for you.   We know this.   You don't worry about actually supporting yourself because others will do it.

Quoting amgillis88:

Well good for them. I don't have to, so I don't.

Quoting Tanya93:

and yet many, many women do it.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured