Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

food stamps wic and other forms of pa

Posted by   + Show Post

with all the concern on here about trying to govern the activities of those on pa i think i came up with an idea. if you cant afford everything on your own heres what you should be allowed and not allowed to do.

no pets.

dont ever go out to eat to the movies or any other form of entertainment.

only the essential and most basic of foods. no internet of computers.

no cable or tv even.

if you have any of these and are on pa get rid of them.

you dont need new clothes there are places you can go that they will give you free second hand clothes you can even get underwear.

housing should consist of only enoug roomm for a bedroom for parents and one each for each gender of children you have and only one bathroom.

only buy the cheapest toiletries you can find and the cheapest houshold supplies available.

and although you now have absolutly nothing to do but go to work keep house and raise your kids dont have sex either that might inadvetantly lead to another child.

dont spend money on anything other than food essential bills and medical care.

you might lower your water bill by only flushing after a #2 and sharing bathwater.

you could keep your light bill down by only being awake during daylight hours.

only own one car per family unless you live in an area where there is access to public transportation then you dont need one.

or we could always make those who are on pa live in shelter situations so that every penny they make can be used to get off pa and we can monitor their every breath

does this sound llike a stupid invasion of privacy?

does anybody have the right to tell others to live like this?

what would happen to these people on pa if they were forces to live like this?

I bring this up because some people feel that they have the right to regulate the lives of those on pa. I understand that there are those that abuse the system and there always will be. but those who are responsible and use their pa the way it is intended greatly outnumber those who dont. you dont see those people because they vall attention to themselves.

SO STOP TREATING ALL OF US WHO NEED A LITTLE EXTRA HELP TO GET BY LIKE WELFARE BUMS! WITH THE CURRENT STATE OF THE ECONOMY YOU COULD EASILY BE ONE OF US ANYTIME!

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Replies (271-280):
Tanya93
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 8:26 PM

actually, a person who is thankful for the help wouldn't buy stuff they don't need.

You are not one of them.   Your deserve stuff you can't actually afford if you had to pay for your life.

Selfish people like you destroy this country.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Are you unable to read or just unable to comorehend? I have made it clear several times that I am referring to expenses far more extravagent than makeup, kneejerk.

Quoting amgillis88:

1. Most of the 'nice' things I have were purchased well before I recieved PA.

2. I guess the next time I want a new CD or some makeup I should refrain just because some people who don't recieve
PA can't afford it.

Quoting Tanya93:

If you cannot afford your life and kids, why do you deserve  stuff people who are actually working can't afford.

uQuoting amgillis88:

Ok, so you're upset about the things I've bought with my own money?

Once again, even the things PA recipients buy with their own funds are ripe for scrutiny.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Yes, if I have to sacrifice TO SUPPORT YOUR CHILDREN, then you have to sacrifice, as well. I was crystal clear that I am not advocating people on PA NEVER go out to eat, go to the movies, have anything fun or not entirely essential, but you keep jerkinhg that knee and presenting yourself as a self centered, entitled child who insists she deserves to be provided a Porche even if it means the providers have to drive around in a Pinto.

Quoting amgillis88:

lol. So I have to sacrifice because you do? Okay.

I sacrifice plenty by going to school and spending precious time away from my daughter. At this point, the measly dollars I would make every month working a crappy part time job is not worth the time spent away from school and my daughter. Sorry if that bothers you.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

If I am having to sacrifice to provide for your children, I expect you to do the same. Im sorry if you can't wrap your entitlement complex around that.

Quoting amgillis88:

Because what people buy with their OWN money is no one's business but theirs.

I am appalled that people believe that what others buy WITH government funds is their business and what they buy with their OWN MONEY is *also* their business. I guess if you recieve PA then what you pay for with your own funds is also up for debate. Some of you should be ashamed. Thank God none of the warped opinions on here affect me in the least.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Are there people who take it to the extteme in wanting to control the lives of those on PA? Sure. But OP, you are the opposite extreme. if someone on PA has cable and internet, why shouldn't we question that? If the go out to eat and a movie for an occasional treat, fine, but if do so all the time, why shouldnt we question it? Most of us make sacrifices - why shouldnt we question someone on PA who refuses to do so?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amgillis88
by Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never worked the system. I didn't lie to get assistance. I was truthful on my application.

And yes, it is MY MONEY. I do not recieve TANF. I ONLY got assistance a few weeks ago.And what should I do with the money I have, if not buy the things I want and need. Make a donation to the government? Contribute to your retirement fund? What do you think would be an appropriate use of MY OWN funds.

How appalling of the both of you to think that you ought to have juristiction over money that has nothing to do with you. According to you, the use of food stamps should be regulated, AS WELL AS money that DID NOT come from the government. I guess if you recieve PA then every penny you come across is up for debate. I hope you realize how ridiculous you sound.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Because clearly she has no moral issues with working the system to use everbody elses money to support HER obligations while she spends "her money" on her every whim.

Quoting Tanya93:

If you cannot afford your life and kids, why do you deserve  stuff people who are actually working can't afford.

uQuoting amgillis88:

Once again, even the things PA recipients buy with their own funds are ripe for scrutiny.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Yes, if I have to sacrifice TO SUPPORT YOUR CHILDREN, then you have to sacrifice, as well. I was crystal clear that I am not advocating people on PA NEVER go out to eat, go to the movies, have anything fun or not entirely essential, but you keep jerkinhg that knee and presenting yourself as a self centered, entitled child who insists she deserves to be provided a Porche even if it means the providers have to drive around in a Pinto.

Quoting amgillis88:

I sacrifice plenty by going to school and spending precious time away from my daughter. At this point, the measly dollars I would make every month working a crappy part time job is not worth the time spent away from school and my daughter. Sorry if that bothers you.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

If I am having to sacrifice to provide for your children, I expect you to do the same. Im sorry if you can't wrap your entitlement complex around that.

Quoting amgillis88:

I am appalled that people believe that what others buy WITH government funds is their business and what they buy with their OWN MONEY is *also* their business. I guess if you recieve PA then what you pay for with your own funds is also up for debate. Some of you should be ashamed. Thank God none of the warped opinions on here affect me in the least.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Are there people who take it to the extteme in wanting to control the lives of those on PA? Sure. But OP, you are the opposite extreme. if someone on PA has cable and internet, why shouldn't we question that? If the go out to eat and a movie for an occasional treat, fine, but if do so all the time, why shouldnt we question it? Most of us make sacrifices - why shouldnt we question someone on PA who refuses to do so?

Tanya93
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I think  when you can't feed yourself or your kid, yeah you need to limit what you get on FS. You can have stuff because we are paying for your food.  The fact that you don't get that doesn't surprise me.   You shouldn't have to sacrifice to take care of yourself or your kid.   People that actually pay for you should though.

I know it is selfish to you, but I am not the person living off the taxpayer.   I did things to make sure I didn't have to do that.

amgillis88
by Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Then why bother responding to me?  What extravagant things have I posted about in this thread? Cable?

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Are you unable to read or just unable to comorehend? I have made it clear several times that I am referring to expenses far more extravagent than makeup, kneejerk.

Quoting amgillis88:

2. I guess the next time I want a new CD or some makeup I should refrain just because some people who don't recieve
PA can't afford it.

Quoting Tanya93:

uQuoting amgillis88:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting amgillis88:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting amgillis88:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

amgillis88
by Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you slow? I just can't understand any other reason why you are willfully ignoring the things I'm saying.

Did you read where I said that I had most of the 'stuff' before I got on fs. I JUST got it 3 weeks ago. I didn't run out and get cable, a new laptop and a designer bag right after my fs was approved.

And what, in your opinion would be an appropriate use of my own money? Would you like me to donate to a charity of your choice? Donate to the gov't? Since you have declared that it is your business what I buy with personal funds. What purchases do you approve of then.

Quoting Tanya93:

I think  when you can't feed yourself or your kid, yeah you need to limit what you get on FS. You can have stuff because we are paying for your food.  The fact that you don't get that doesn't surprise me.   You shouldn't have to sacrifice to take care of yourself or your kid.   People that actually pay for you should though.

I know it is selfish to you, but I am not the person living off the taxpayer.   I did things to make sure I didn't have to do that.

Tanya93
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 8:41 PM

When you can't afford to feed yourself, yeah cable is a luxury.   But of course you don't see that.   The taxpayers should pay for you so you can afford food and goiing out and CABLE.

Quoting amgillis88:

Then why bother responding to me?  What extravagant things have I posted about in this thread? Cable?

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting amgillis88:

PA can't afford it.

Quoting Tanya93:

uQuoting amgillis88:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting amgillis88:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting amgillis88:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Tanya93
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM

yeah, call me slow because I point out that you need the government to feed you, but you keep cable.

I can afford anything I want without using people.   Too bad you can't do the same and don't care that you have to use other people to pay for your life.

Quoting amgillis88:

Are you slow? I just can't understand any other reason why you are willfully ignoring the things I'm saying.

Did you read where I said that I had most of the 'stuff' before I got on fs. I JUST got it 3 weeks ago. I didn't run out and get cable, a new laptop and a designer bag right after my fs was approved.

Quoting Tanya93:

amgillis88
by Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Too bad. Nothing you can do.

Quoting Tanya93:

When you can't afford to feed yourself, yeah cable is a luxury.   But of course you don't see that.   The taxpayers should pay for you so you can afford food and goiing out and CABLE.

Quoting amgillis88:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting amgillis88:

PA can't afford it.

Quoting Tanya93:

uQuoting amgillis88:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting amgillis88:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting amgillis88:

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

GravyRule
by Member on Feb. 19, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Or a liberal who believes that the "man" should pay more because they have more money...ROFL!

Quoting Tanya93:

Then your professor is stupid, ignorant, or lying.   The 1% pays a huge chunk of the taxes in this country.

Quoting mels712:

why do you think its ignorance? do you think i just make things up? these are things ive recently learned in sociology classses. these people avoid taxes because they dont have earned income. the majority of their money is either old family money and or their businesses are overseas. there are other ways they keep their money that they dont have to pay taxes. and lets not forget about the massive amounts of welfare money given to major corporation in the form of bailouts that have not been used properly or refunded. 

Quoting Tanya93:

It is complete ignorance to say the 1% doesn't pay taxes.

Quoting mels712:

you know the government is broke. but I dont think it has all that much to do with pa. it has to do with irresponsible spending in washington the way the tax system is set up that allows the richest 1% of our population to avoid paying taxes at all. an dont forget all the people that dont pay the taxes they owe. it has been estimated that if the government collected all the back taxes people in this country owe we wouuldnt be in debt anymore. Darn that ex husband of mine who didnt pay for 6 yrs that I know of 

Quoting moneysaver6:

The problem that a LOT of people have with keeping their finances in order is that they don't look at the big picture.  More and more people qualify for aid, more people are abusing it, our government is paying more out and is now BROKE.  It doesn't matter if 1% or all 26% of our income goes into paying for welfare.  I have a say in how ALL of my taxes are spent; including the taxes spent on welfare.

I've not seen anyone advocate complete control of those on welfare, though.  Many have simply advocated for a reduction in food stamp amounts to more normal amounts for families of that size &/or for it to be run as a WIC-like program.  Any funds distributed they have suggested instead go to specific things like rent, utilities, a bus card or a gas card.  There are no other necessities that wouldn't be covered by food stamps or mediciad (which someone qualifying for cash aid would get) that someone would need.  Many also believe that EIC should be eliminated completely.

NO WHERE in there is someone trying to control the lives of those receiving public assistance.  They're merely trying to help reign in the spending so that our government spends less total on welfare &/or has more funds to distribute to those needing welfare.

Quoting TigerLily2901:

Does anyone have a link on exactly HOW MUCH of their tax dollars go to people on public assistance. Is it SUCH a huge amount that they feel they should have a say in what people on pa do to reach the quality of life they want?  Why do people care so much how people on pa budget the money the government gives them? When they give someone pa they don't add in money especially for entertainment, luxury, or snacks. So if they want it they have to budget for it. And if they choose to not have running water for a while because they want cable why do you care so much? How exactly does it affect your life?  It's so disgusting how controlling people want to be of others. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN