Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

food stamps wic and other forms of pa

Posted by   + Show Post

with all the concern on here about trying to govern the activities of those on pa i think i came up with an idea. if you cant afford everything on your own heres what you should be allowed and not allowed to do.

no pets.

dont ever go out to eat to the movies or any other form of entertainment.

only the essential and most basic of foods. no internet of computers.

no cable or tv even.

if you have any of these and are on pa get rid of them.

you dont need new clothes there are places you can go that they will give you free second hand clothes you can even get underwear.

housing should consist of only enoug roomm for a bedroom for parents and one each for each gender of children you have and only one bathroom.

only buy the cheapest toiletries you can find and the cheapest houshold supplies available.

and although you now have absolutly nothing to do but go to work keep house and raise your kids dont have sex either that might inadvetantly lead to another child.

dont spend money on anything other than food essential bills and medical care.

you might lower your water bill by only flushing after a #2 and sharing bathwater.

you could keep your light bill down by only being awake during daylight hours.

only own one car per family unless you live in an area where there is access to public transportation then you dont need one.

or we could always make those who are on pa live in shelter situations so that every penny they make can be used to get off pa and we can monitor their every breath

does this sound llike a stupid invasion of privacy?

does anybody have the right to tell others to live like this?

what would happen to these people on pa if they were forces to live like this?

I bring this up because some people feel that they have the right to regulate the lives of those on pa. I understand that there are those that abuse the system and there always will be. but those who are responsible and use their pa the way it is intended greatly outnumber those who dont. you dont see those people because they vall attention to themselves.

SO STOP TREATING ALL OF US WHO NEED A LITTLE EXTRA HELP TO GET BY LIKE WELFARE BUMS! WITH THE CURRENT STATE OF THE ECONOMY YOU COULD EASILY BE ONE OF US ANYTIME!

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Replies (631-639):
moneysaver6
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 4:28 AM

I am not nor have I ever been your "dear".  It IS possible to disagree with someone without being condescending.

I do not now nor have I ever followed ANY one person around in ANY post.  I respond to posts &/or replies if there is something I wish to say in response to what they have said.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  I wasn't aware that people "followed" other people on here.

I'm sorry, but I am unaware of who you are referring to as I have no "best buddies" that are on CafeMom.  Like I said before, I don't follow people around on here.  I open a post if it looks interesting to me or is something to which I want to reply.  I'll likewise respond to replies in that post if they have said something to which I want to reply.

Regardless, I'm not sure what any of that has to do with me having read the replies to this post.  It appears as if you are assuming that I haven't read the replies simply because I have said things with which you disagree.  It is possible for someone to have read and fully understood everything that was said...but still disagree with another person.   Disagreement does not indicate a lack of understanding or knowledge.  It simply means that one disagrees.

Quoting JAlonso:

You follow around after certain people in posts and its usually about the same time as your best buddy. A logical assumption, dear.

Quoting moneysaver6:

What would make you say that I "obviously" haven't read the replies in this post?  Have I said something that indicates that or do you think that because I have said something with which you don't agree?

I'm wondering how/why you would presume to know who my "best friend" is.  There are a LOT of people on here with whom I agree.  The fact that two people agree does not automatically make them friends; certainly not best friends.  It is even possible for two people to disagree on things and STILL be friends.  Even my husband & I don't agree on everything.  Doesn't mean we're not friends. 

I am not aware of nor do I care where Tanya is at any given time.  The fact that you would even think such things makes me wonder if you're an adult. 

Quoting JAlonso:

She obviously hasn't. Her purpose is to follow her best friend Tanya around and be her back up commentator when Tanya's too busy blasting the poor elsewhere.

Quoting WilsMom2006:

Out of curiousity - have you even read all of the posts in this forum? How about you go back to the beginning and do that before you waste any more of my time - I have a busy day at work and school.

Quoting moneysaver6:

Who has said that those on public assistance are repugnant to them? 

Quoting WilsMom2006:

We are repugnant to them.

Quoting JAlonso:

Wydowness
by Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 4:34 AM
Wow....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moneysaver6
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2012 at 4:39 AM

And again...I am not now nor have I ever been your "dear". 

I'm not sure what you think I need to "own" or what I have said that would lead you to believe that I'm not an adult or need to grow up a bit.  We simply disagree. 

I don't believe it is a fair comparision.  We will have to agree to disagree.

Quoting JAlonso:

Yes, it is absolutely a fair comparison.

If the shoe fits, dear. Own it and then get back to me about being an adult. You obviously need to grow up a bit.

Quoting moneysaver6:

No.  It's NOT a fair comparision.  In fact, it's not a comparison at ALL because the two aren't even remotely related.

Wait.  Did you just call me "fuzzball", a donkey with a hat, and tell me to stop sniffing glue?  Seriously?  Are you an adult?  That's a serious question.  I don't personally know any adults who would think that an adequate way to have a conversation.  Let alone think that it would make the person to whom they're speaking look bad.  Quite the opposite would be true, actually.

It IS possible for two people to disagree without calling each other names, being condescending, &/or attempting to belittle or deman each other.  My children do it all the time as do most adults.

Quoting JAlonso:

It is a fair comparison. Laugh it up, fuzzball. You're just making yourself look like an asshat, considering you can't look at the situation from a technical or logical standpoint. Maybe you should stop sniffing the glue.

Quoting moneysaver6:

Even my husband is laughing hysterically at the thought that I'm "mooching" money off of him as his wife.  I'm sure Tanya93's husband is doing the same.

That is absolutely absurd!

Quoting JAlonso:

You did admit in another post that you don't work, so you must be mooching off your husband and his money.

In essence it would be the same as what you accuse others of that are on PA.

Quoting Tanya93:

JAlonso
by Stalkerazzi on Mar. 9, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Everything you have posted. Next question.

Quoting moneysaver6:

What have I said that you believe was condescending?

What have I said that leads you to believe that my attitude is "rotten"...let alone that it's only towards certain people? 

Quoting JAlonso:

Really? Because that's how you've been posting all of your replies, with condescension.

Yes, your attitude towards certain types of people is really rotten.

Quoting moneysaver6:

"I must be special"?  Really?  And again I wonder if you're actually an adult.

I don't personally know the financial status of Tanya (the person to whom I assume you're referring).  That's really irrelevant to this conversation, though.  What about my attitude has been rotten?  What have I said that would lead you to believe that?  Is it that I have said something with which you don't agree?

I am not now nor have I ever been your "honey".  It is possible to have a conversation with someone with whom you disagree without being condescending.

Quoting JAlonso:

Golly, I didn't know that. :/ You must be special.

Yes she is some rich snob, honey. It has a lot to do with her rotten attitude. Kind of like yours.

Quoting moneysaver6:

Do you know that there are people who don't qualify for assistance but struggle to pay the bills?  There are people for whom this HAS happened.  You don't need to threaten that it could happen to them.  They have BEEN there.  However, they didn't get the luxury of government assistance.  They not only had to find a way to survive on their own, but had to do so without government assistance.

Are you actually saying that everyone with whom you don't agree is a rich snob as you've described below.  Really?  Simply because they don't agree with you?

Alrighty, then...

Quoting JAlonso:

The women that are lambasting those of us on PA have the attitude of rich snobs.  It is a safe assumption because some of these moms up in here that are bashing are comfy, well off, and have their noses so high up in the air their being poisoned by the pollution and its eating their brain cells. Or perhaps they just never could think for themselves and believe the partyline about the poor being scum, so yeah, throw them a bone or two but don't touch them or you'll catch their poor disease!

How is that possible that there are mothers out there that just don't see the real world anymore and are living in luxury without a care in the world? Never once thinking it could happen to them or their kids, God forbid. . Remember, it could happen to you.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
JAlonso
by Stalkerazzi on Mar. 9, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Whatever you say, dear.

Quoting moneysaver6:

I am not nor have I ever been your "dear".  It IS possible to disagree with someone without being condescending.

I do not now nor have I ever followed ANY one person around in ANY post.  I respond to posts &/or replies if there is something I wish to say in response to what they have said.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  I wasn't aware that people "followed" other people on here.

I'm sorry, but I am unaware of who you are referring to as I have no "best buddies" that are on CafeMom.  Like I said before, I don't follow people around on here.  I open a post if it looks interesting to me or is something to which I want to reply.  I'll likewise respond to replies in that post if they have said something to which I want to reply.

Regardless, I'm not sure what any of that has to do with me having read the replies to this post.  It appears as if you are assuming that I haven't read the replies simply because I have said things with which you disagree.  It is possible for someone to have read and fully understood everything that was said...but still disagree with another person.   Disagreement does not indicate a lack of understanding or knowledge.  It simply means that one disagrees.

Quoting JAlonso:

You follow around after certain people in posts and its usually about the same time as your best buddy. A logical assumption, dear.

Quoting moneysaver6:

What would make you say that I "obviously" haven't read the replies in this post?  Have I said something that indicates that or do you think that because I have said something with which you don't agree?

I'm wondering how/why you would presume to know who my "best friend" is.  There are a LOT of people on here with whom I agree.  The fact that two people agree does not automatically make them friends; certainly not best friends.  It is even possible for two people to disagree on things and STILL be friends.  Even my husband & I don't agree on everything.  Doesn't mean we're not friends. 

I am not aware of nor do I care where Tanya is at any given time.  The fact that you would even think such things makes me wonder if you're an adult. 

Quoting JAlonso:

She obviously hasn't. Her purpose is to follow her best friend Tanya around and be her back up commentator when Tanya's too busy blasting the poor elsewhere.

Quoting WilsMom2006:

Out of curiousity - have you even read all of the posts in this forum? How about you go back to the beginning and do that before you waste any more of my time - I have a busy day at work and school.

Quoting moneysaver6:

Quoting WilsMom2006:

Quoting JAlonso:

JAlonso
by Stalkerazzi on Mar. 9, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Sweetheart, before you start accusing women in here of not being adults, look at yourself first. You might get nicer responses if you weren't so condescending in the first place and make it worse by assuming the people you respond to aren't adults.

Your best reply and most logical is you agreeing to disagree without all the flair for dramatics with phrases like: Are you an adult?

Quoting moneysaver6:

I'm not sure what you think I need to "own" or what I have said that would lead you to believe that I'm not an adult or need to grow up a bit.  We simply disagree. 

Quoting JAlonso:

If the shoe fits, dear. Own it and then get back to me about being an adult. You obviously need to grow up a bit.

Quoting moneysaver6:

No.  It's NOT a fair comparision.  In fact, it's not a comparison at ALL because the two aren't even remotely related.

Wait.  Did you just call me "fuzzball", a donkey with a hat, and tell me to stop sniffing glue?  Seriously?  Are you an adult?  That's a serious question.  I don't personally know any adults who would think that an adequate way to have a conversation.  Let alone think that it would make the person to whom they're speaking look bad.  Quite the opposite would be true, actually.

It IS possible for two people to disagree without calling each other names, being condescending, &/or attempting to belittle or deman each other.  My children do it all the time as do most adults.

Quoting JAlonso:

It is a fair comparison. Laugh it up, fuzzball. You're just making yourself look like an asshat, considering you can't look at the situation from a technical or logical standpoint. Maybe you should stop sniffing the glue.

Quoting moneysaver6:

Even my husband is laughing hysterically at the thought that I'm "mooching" money off of him as his wife.  I'm sure Tanya93's husband is doing the same.

Quoting JAlonso:

You did admit in another post that you don't work, so you must be mooching off your husband and his money.

Quoting Tanya93:

moneysaver6
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2012 at 3:31 AM

So now it's "sweetheart"?  Really?  I am not now nor have I ever been your "sweetheart".   Again...it IS possible to have a discussion with someone without calling them names, attempting to demean them, &/or being condescending.

I wasn't being condescending when I asked if someone wasn't an adult.  I never said that they WEREN'T adults...I simply ASKED if they were.  The reason I did so was because they were responding in a manner that wasn't adult-like.  When one responds in a manner that isn't adult-like, then it is natural for others to wonder if they are, indeed, an adult.

Quoting JAlonso:

Sweetheart, before you start accusing women in here of not being adults, look at yourself first. You might get nicer responses if you weren't so condescending in the first place and make it worse by assuming the people you respond to aren't adults.

Your best reply and most logical is you agreeing to disagree without all the flair for dramatics with phrases like: Are you an adult?

Quoting moneysaver6:

Quoting JAlonso:

Quoting moneysaver6:

Quoting JAlonso:

Quoting moneysaver6:

Quoting JAlonso:

Quoting Tanya93:

moneysaver6
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Sigh.  Really?  Do you think that you NEED to be condescending?  I just don't understand why an adult would behave in this manner.

Quoting JAlonso:

Whatever you say, dear.

Quoting moneysaver6:

Quoting JAlonso:

Quoting moneysaver6:

Quoting JAlonso:

Quoting WilsMom2006:

Quoting moneysaver6:

Quoting WilsMom2006:

Quoting JAlonso:

moneysaver6
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2012 at 3:42 AM

I'll just let my posts speak for themselves, then...because the truth is quite clear. 

I have been polite and respectful in every response despite people being condescending, attempting to demean me, calling me names, and flat out lying about things that I have said and done.

Have a spectacular weekend!

Quoting JAlonso:

Everything you have posted. Next question.

Quoting moneysaver6:

What have I said that you believe was condescending?

What have I said that leads you to believe that my attitude is "rotten"...let alone that it's only towards certain people? 

Quoting JAlonso:

Really? Because that's how you've been posting all of your replies, with condescension.

Yes, your attitude towards certain types of people is really rotten.

Quoting moneysaver6:

"I must be special"?  Really?  And again I wonder if you're actually an adult.

I don't personally know the financial status of Tanya (the person to whom I assume you're referring).  That's really irrelevant to this conversation, though.  What about my attitude has been rotten?  What have I said that would lead you to believe that?  Is it that I have said something with which you don't agree?

I am not now nor have I ever been your "honey".  It is possible to have a conversation with someone with whom you disagree without being condescending.

Quoting JAlonso:

Golly, I didn't know that. :/ You must be special.

Yes she is some rich snob, honey. It has a lot to do with her rotten attitude. Kind of like yours.

Quoting moneysaver6:

Do you know that there are people who don't qualify for assistance but struggle to pay the bills?  There are people for whom this HAS happened.  You don't need to threaten that it could happen to them.  They have BEEN there.  However, they didn't get the luxury of government assistance.  They not only had to find a way to survive on their own, but had to do so without government assistance.

Are you actually saying that everyone with whom you don't agree is a rich snob as you've described below.  Really?  Simply because they don't agree with you?

Alrighty, then...

Quoting JAlonso:

The women that are lambasting those of us on PA have the attitude of rich snobs.  It is a safe assumption because some of these moms up in here that are bashing are comfy, well off, and have their noses so high up in the air their being poisoned by the pollution and its eating their brain cells. Or perhaps they just never could think for themselves and believe the partyline about the poor being scum, so yeah, throw them a bone or two but don't touch them or you'll catch their poor disease!

How is that possible that there are mothers out there that just don't see the real world anymore and are living in luxury without a care in the world? Never once thinking it could happen to them or their kids, God forbid. . Remember, it could happen to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN