Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bill Maher Unbaptizes Romney's Father-in-Law...Does THIS offend mormons? S/O

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:39 PM
  • 177 Replies
1 mom liked this

If you don't want to watch the whole thing (it is worth it), the unbatism begins at 3:45...

"Women need not always keep their mouths shut and their wombs open." -Emma Goldman

http://masqueradingscientist.blogspot.com/

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stringtheory
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:40 PM
3 moms liked this

Lol @ "atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position."

xo.MommyW.xo
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Morons spirits leave his spirit the fuck alone! Lmao that made me lol. I love him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butlerro1013
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I love him.

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

lol @ "seal team 666" and "su-su-sued-e-o" This whole video had me cracking me up "and the power invested in me by the blair witch"

phoebe81
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I was pretty prepared to be offended, but I wasn't. I'm a Christian and at first I was like, 'how does he have the right to unbaptize someone who's dead??" It didn't make sense until he mentioned the guy was an atheist in life and then I was thinking, "How did they have the right to baptize someone who's dead??" :P. 

I find Bill Maher sometimes funny, sometimes obnoxious and sometimes offensive, but I really wasn't offended by this. Athiests have just as much right to their beliefs as religious people and if he doesn't believe in God, it's none of my business. No skin off my nose =). 

Anyway, I got a chuckle out of it and that's pretty much the bottom line.

joey125
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I thought Bill Maher was hilarious when he unbaptized Ann's dad.  I agree , the man was an atheist, where did they have the right to baptize him.  

xo.MommyW.xo
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 9:18 PM
He was joking about atheisim being considered a religion. I found this whole thing hilarious

Quoting phoebe81:

I was pretty prepared to be offended, but I wasn't. I'm a Christian and at first I was like, 'how does he have the right to unbaptize someone who's dead??" It didn't make sense until he mentioned the guy was an atheist in life and then I was thinking, "How did they have the right to baptize someone who's dead??" :P. 

I find Bill Maher sometimes funny, sometimes obnoxious and sometimes offensive, but I really wasn't offended by this. Athiests have just as much right to their beliefs as religious people and if he doesn't believe in God, it's none of my business. No skin off my nose =). 

Anyway, I got a chuckle out of it and that's pretty much the bottom line.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Feb. 15, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Hilarious!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bozobean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Hilarious! I love this guy, he's like a breath of fresh air. The pushyness of the Mormons is unbelieveable. They do a baptism for the dead for a guy who was an atheist, and wouldn't have wanted that when he was alive? It's like they're saying we're going to try to bring you into our religion once you're dead, if you won't consent to it in life when you have the ability to speak up for yourself. If they were in that religion in life, and wanted that, fine, but if not, wtf? LOL!

muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 11:12 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)